“Wow. Stayed in suite and amazing service.”

Hotel Indigo London Tower Hill
Ranked #83 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

Was upgraded to the suite with my platinum points using the priority club card. The service was impeccable on arrival. Free drinks at bar, free newspaper, use of virgin gym. Free minibar and espresso machine. Aveda bath products.

The room was clean and had separate lounge area which was great. You can see the Gerkin and the Shard from the 5th floor. The room isn't massive but good size for london! Having a bath tub would have been the icing on the top.

Breakfast was £10 on arrival if paid in advance. Which was very reasonable as the food choice was just enough for a small boutique hotel.

Would definitely come again when I go to london.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Willyum8
GM18, General Manager at Hotel Indigo London Tower Hill, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2013

Wow, what an endorsement! Thank you. We would love to see you back very soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,325)

Reviewed December 29, 2012

Opted for this Hotel, having read reviews on various London Hotels on this site. From the experiences of friends in the past, we were aware that London Hotels can sometimes be a bit of a lottery and that price is not always a good indicator of quality. Fortunately the Indigo was not only reasonably priced for this area but also friendly and comfortable. The room was modern, the staff were friendly and efficient and we found the whole experience very smooth and pleasant.For anyone wishing to be near the Tower of London and Tower Bridge this is the perfect location.
Though breakfast was not included, a hearty and freshly cooked one can be found within walking distance at the nearby Minories pub, for under 7 pounds (including drink).
Would definitely consider staying here again should we need to find a base in London.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Steve W

Thank you Steve for your encouraging comments. We look forward to see you again on your next trip to London.

Reviewed December 28, 2012

We chose to stay at the Hotel Indigo for my Mom's 60th birthday. As we usually stay in (very) budget hotels in London, we wanted something a little more special and Hotel Indigo certainly delivered. The location is ideal, close to the Tower of London, the DLR, the open top bus tours, the river and the tube. The hotel staff are really friendly and will go out of their way to help you. As they knew it was my mom's birthday they bought a scrumptious chocolate cake up to her room - a really nice touch. We loved the funky room decor, the Aveda toiletries, coffee machine, four-poster beds and iPod docks. The hotel was also cleaned to a very high standard.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your comments Samantha. We would love to see you again soon. Any odd excuse will do...

Reviewed December 21, 2012

I recently stayed at the Indigo for a two night business trip. I selected the hotel from its good reviews and what I felt was cost effective pricing against quality and location.

The Front of hotel is ‘underwhelming’ not a negative, just the nature of it’s surroundings, the reception and check-in small (but as the only person checking in – no challenges). The overall check-in process was slick, proficient and friendly (first example of the excellent staff).

I stay in a 'junior' suite - the Tower Bridge Suite (6th Floor). The a suite was of a good size, not overly large, but by no means small - I personally liked the layout and the decor/style of the room - it was contemporary, with a little urban chic (exposed brick wall). The bedroom/sleeping area was a little small, but no claustrophobic, certainly would suit a couple – sufficient storage, hanging space for a good weeks worth of clothes (even for me).

Overall the room was good, clean, airy and more than adequate for my needs. One nice touch was that I could ‘borrow’ a hotel laptop to use the free wi-fi – nice touch….

I had one room service meal – the menu is small and there is I would contend a dearth of ‘convenient’ food – however, as treat (for me) the Burger and Fries was good. I did not take breakfast (early to work), though I was offered the £10 breakfast voucher at check-in…

I enjoyed my brief stay – and will certainly return to use this great (small) hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank C_Stubing

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed December 20, 2012

We stayed here since it was near many attractions and near the tube. We visited England and didn't want to rent a car--this was the perfect base for the London leg of our trip. We took the train from Heathrow to the hotel and had no problems.

The room was a decent size, especially for a large city. We stayed here three nights and had no complaints. The room was clean, quiet and attractive, the bed was comfortable, and the staff was competent. Our only request was for extra coffee for the Nespresso machine each evening and they quickly responded.

Hotel Indigo is near two train stations--Tower Hill (about 7 minute walk) and Aldgate (about 2 minute walk). We expected the area to be deserted on the weekend since it's in the Financial District, but it was hopping Saturday night with the pub crowd. (But quite quiet on Sunday morning:) There are a variety of restaurants and a small grocery nearby and the restaurant that is attached to the hotel is fine for meals and espresso. My husband and I traveled together but I would have felt comfortable in this neighborhood on my own. We would stay here again.

We walked to the Tate Modern--probably took about 1/2 hour, though we may have lagged a bit. The train can get you closer. The Tower of London is right near the train station; Tower Bridge is a great way to cross the river. We took trains to Regent's Park, Alexandra Palace and the Victoria and Albert Museum, too.

Room Tip: We were on an upper floor--nice and quiet, but there's only one elevator, so you may have to wai...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
GM18, General Manager at Hotel Indigo London Tower Hill, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2012

Great review, thank you. We would love to see you back when you next visit London.

Reviewed December 19, 2012

This hotel has beautifully appointed spacious rooms a stone's through from the Tower of London, Tower Bridge and the trendy East End of London. The rooms are quiet and well appointed: each my room came with a Nespresso coffee maker, free minibar (non-alcoholic), iron and ironing board and free wifi. Additionally guests have free access to the full service Virgin Active gym 50 yards down the road. All of this comes at a very reasonable price. Given its location it is an ideal hotel for those coming to do business in the City and those who know London already and want to enjoy the shops, restaurants and nightlife of the East End. It is somewhat less convenient for those interested in the sights of London's West End and Westminster, but with London's excellent public transport even those destinations are not far away. Service is friendly and efficient. I was satisfied in all respects with this choice and highly recommend a stay here.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank GDP33

Thank you for your warm thoughts. All of us here at Hotel Indigo London Tower Hill look forward to seeing you again real soon.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

I have spent a week in this charming hotel. Very well placed I found, (between two metro stations). I found the room facilities excellent (the ironing table, the Internet cable, the coffee machine, .... little things that make the difference sometimes.) I must though say that on day2 there was a noise in that room (water pipe...?), that was constant and very annoying. I reported this. But it was not fixed asap. Just before my last night I was offered to change room, but ... packing all again just for a night was not what I wanted. I wish they had found the reason why suddenly that pipe srated making noise.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. I am really sorry we were unable to locate the issue creating the pipe noise in your room that day. God knows we tried! I guess buildings have a unique knack of making all of us mere mortals look like fools some times, especially when we are under pressure. Be this as it may, we take comfort from your comments about your enjoyment of our overall product and hope to see you again soon.