“Good, Cost Effective - Great Check-in staff”

Hotel Indigo London Tower Hill
Ranked #77 of 1,090 Hotels in London
Northants
“Good, Cost Effective - Great Check-in staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2012

I recently stayed at the Indigo for a two night business trip. I selected the hotel from its good reviews and what I felt was cost effective pricing against quality and location.

The Front of hotel is ‘underwhelming’ not a negative, just the nature of it’s surroundings, the reception and check-in small (but as the only person checking in – no challenges). The overall check-in process was slick, proficient and friendly (first example of the excellent staff).

I stay in a 'junior' suite - the Tower Bridge Suite (6th Floor). The a suite was of a good size, not overly large, but by no means small - I personally liked the layout and the decor/style of the room - it was contemporary, with a little urban chic (exposed brick wall). The bedroom/sleeping area was a little small, but no claustrophobic, certainly would suit a couple – sufficient storage, hanging space for a good weeks worth of clothes (even for me).

Overall the room was good, clean, airy and more than adequate for my needs. One nice touch was that I could ‘borrow’ a hotel laptop to use the free wi-fi – nice touch….

I had one room service meal – the menu is small and there is I would contend a dearth of ‘convenient’ food – however, as treat (for me) the Burger and Fries was good. I did not take breakfast (early to work), though I was offered the £10 breakfast voucher at check-in…

I enjoyed my brief stay – and will certainly return to use this great (small) hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank C_Stubing
GM18, General Manager at Hotel Indigo London Tower Hill, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (245)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2012

We stayed here since it was near many attractions and near the tube. We visited England and didn't want to rent a car--this was the perfect base for the London leg of our trip. We took the train from Heathrow to the hotel and had no problems.

The room was a decent size, especially for a large city. We stayed here three nights and had no complaints. The room was clean, quiet and attractive, the bed was comfortable, and the staff was competent. Our only request was for extra coffee for the Nespresso machine each evening and they quickly responded.

Hotel Indigo is near two train stations--Tower Hill (about 7 minute walk) and Aldgate (about 2 minute walk). We expected the area to be deserted on the weekend since it's in the Financial District, but it was hopping Saturday night with the pub crowd. (But quite quiet on Sunday morning:) There are a variety of restaurants and a small grocery nearby and the restaurant that is attached to the hotel is fine for meals and espresso. My husband and I traveled together but I would have felt comfortable in this neighborhood on my own. We would stay here again.

We walked to the Tate Modern--probably took about 1/2 hour, though we may have lagged a bit. The train can get you closer. The Tower of London is right near the train station; Tower Bridge is a great way to cross the river. We took trains to Regent's Park, Alexandra Palace and the Victoria and Albert Museum, too.

Room Tip: We were on an upper floor--nice and quiet, but there's only one elevator, so you may have to wai...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
GM18, General Manager at Hotel Indigo London Tower Hill, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Great review, thank you. We would love to see you back when you next visit London.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2012

This hotel has beautifully appointed spacious rooms a stone's through from the Tower of London, Tower Bridge and the trendy East End of London. The rooms are quiet and well appointed: each my room came with a Nespresso coffee maker, free minibar (non-alcoholic), iron and ironing board and free wifi. Additionally guests have free access to the full service Virgin Active gym 50 yards down the road. All of this comes at a very reasonable price. Given its location it is an ideal hotel for those coming to do business in the City and those who know London already and want to enjoy the shops, restaurants and nightlife of the East End. It is somewhat less convenient for those interested in the sights of London's West End and Westminster, but with London's excellent public transport even those destinations are not far away. Service is friendly and efficient. I was satisfied in all respects with this choice and highly recommend a stay here.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank GDP33
Thank you for your warm thoughts. All of us here at Hotel Indigo London Tower Hill look forward to seeing you again real soon.
Luxembourg
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

I have spent a week in this charming hotel. Very well placed I found, (between two metro stations). I found the room facilities excellent (the ironing table, the Internet cable, the coffee machine, .... little things that make the difference sometimes.) I must though say that on day2 there was a noise in that room (water pipe...?), that was constant and very annoying. I reported this. But it was not fixed asap. Just before my last night I was offered to change room, but ... packing all again just for a night was not what I wanted. I wish they had found the reason why suddenly that pipe srated making noise.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. I am really sorry we were unable to locate the issue creating the pipe noise in your room that day. God knows we tried! I guess buildings have a unique knack of making all of us mere mortals look like fools some times, especially when we are under pressure. Be this as it may, we take comfort from your comments about your enjoyment of our overall product and hope to see you again soon.
Andover, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2012

I would thoroughly recommend this hotel for a night/break in London. It is so conveniently placed as it is a 2 minute (if that) walk to Aldgate tube station, also only about a 10 minute walk from Tower Hill tube station. From the stations, this hotel is perfectly close enough to all the main central parts of London, close enough for both Westfield shopping centres etc.

The hotel staff are so lovely and welcoming, on arrival we were told everything we needed to know and more. The receptionist gave us a quick overview of where we were and gave us a Tube map and London map - much appreciated! We also got upgraded to an executive suite which was an amazing suprise which made our weekend!

The room was beautiful, the bed was absolutely amazing - massive and extremely comfy. Nice size TV, beautiful bathroom with a very powerful shower. The room decor is lovely as well, loved the brick wall and feature artwork, this was what drew us to pick the hotel from pictures and it didn't disappoint. Another highlight is the complimentary mini bar with water, juice, soft drinks and chocolate etc which is also replaced when you use it.

I have nothing bad to say about this hotel. It ticked every box - welcoming and friendly staff, beautiful room, perfect location, very clean and tidy. I would definitely come here again without question!

Thanks for a great stay and for making our weekend :)

Room Tip: I asked for a room with a view and this seemed to cause a free upgrade to an executive suite which w...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kellybroome
Fantastic review, thank you. Hotel Indigo London Tower Hill is a hidden gem in a part of London that offers unique opportunities to explore some of London's best kept secrets. Yes there are still plenty in this part of town! We would love to welcoming you back with us very soon.
Banbury, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012 via mobile

Booked a superior room for me and my girlfriend for my birthday weekend away. When we arrived check in was very quick & we were offered an upgrade to an executive room as they had some spare rooms (i got the feeling that was a standard offer!) apparently the upgrade was usually £45 more per night but we were offered it for just £15 more per night. Why not?!
Our room was beautiful, we had a 4 poster bed with a bare brick back wall. The bed was amazing comfortable & the room was immaculately clean. We also had a tv with a welcome message when we arrived, there was an iPod dock & also a free soft drink mini fridge! The bathroom was epic, a walk in rainfall shower & his & hers sinks. Of course all of the complimentary soaps you could ever use...
Overall, the room was excellent & the staff very helpful. The hotel were more than happy to look after our bags for the afternoon after we had checked out as well which was useful!
The hotel is located just outside the business district, about 300 yards from both tower hill & a Aldgate tube stations. Tower bridge & the Tower of London are conveniently close to visit as well. Just be warned, at the weekend everything around the hotel is shut! Even most of the coffee shop chains are only open Monday-Friday!
Highly recommend this hotel as it is finished to a very high quality & a lovely place to stay.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Elliot M
GM18, General Manager at Hotel Indigo London Tower Hill, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Thank you for a lovely review. We would agree with you on all counts. Hotel Indigo London Tower Hill offers an unbeatable mix of fresh design, interesting location, personal service, wrapped up in the reassuring sense of FVM. We look forward to welcoming you back with us very soon.
Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2012

Upon walking into the hotel I thought a red tiled reception area was rather bright and interesting choice of colour, the changing lights above the reception desk were hmmm interesting as well, a red floor to the lift as well continued the red theme well.

However walking out of the lift onto 3rd floor and the decor changed the red theme was replaced with a bright modern mixture of colours and felt very different to reception.

The room itself was very well appointed, four poster bed which was very comfortable, decent size desk, wardrobe and a large walk in shower with very pleasant toiletries.

From the room service menu I had steak, salad and chips, steak very tender and cooked perfectly.

The free mini bar was a nice touch for soft drinks and snacks.

All the staff were friendly and chatty.

An excellent nights sleep was had.

All in all be happy to stay again

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Great thoughts; thank you for sharing them with us. We would love to see you back very soon.