Best Western Seraphine Kensington Olympia Hotel
Ranked #123 of 554 London B&B and Inns
“Dissapointed”
Reviewed June 4, 2011

The single room was so small that I couldn´t open my suitcase (seriously, the tiniest room I´ve ever seen). The trafic noise really disturbed at night since the room was facing the Kensington High street. Uncomfortable bed (too sinking) and pillow (too hard). Quite poor breakfast but as it´s free you can´t really complaint.
If I would have to say something positive, the room was clean and the location was good.

All in all, didn´t fill expectations in respect of the price, got truly dissapointed.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Bournemouth, Dorset
Reviewed March 31, 2011

I arrived at the Seraphine after a long day at an exhibition at Olympia. I was pleased that it was close my.
After waiting at the reception/bar area someone arrived, checked me in and put me in the lift to find my room. It was TINY. Im a small 5 ft and I felt cramped. The room was very well eqipped, but really very small for over £100 a night.
I read on the website that there was a restaurant, but when I asked about it I was told this wasn't the case, meaning I had to find somewhere to eat, alone, which was distressing and I hadnt looked for a restaurant before hand and didnt know the area. Luckily the are has lots or reasonable priced pizza chains close by (even though I was given directions to one father away than google suggested)
Breakfast was lovely and basic, I managed to get some bits for later in the day too.

Room Tip: Pack light,
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed March 27, 2011

Positives: The hotel is in Kensington High Street, two minutes walk from the tube station and with many shops and restaurants nearby. It's a 10-minute walk to the Olympia conference venue and Kensington Gardens. The staff were very friendly, giving directions and carrying my heavy suitcase up and down the stairs for me. The hotel and room were very modern and clean, and wireless internet worked excellently for me.

Negatives: It was a single-bed room but surprisingly small. The walls were a little thin, so you could hear the traffic below and clearly hear the 'voice' that announces floors in the elevator. The hotel reception is two floors up with no elevator before that, so it's not suitable for disabled travellers.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Glasgow
Reviewed February 22, 2011

Excellent location right on Kensington High street a few mins walk from underground station, The hotel is on the small side but is decorated very nicely and modern - great breakfast also and staff were very friendly, we arrived at the hotel at 8am as our friends had checked in the day before us they didn't have a room ready for us at that time which we didn't expect but we waited on our friends to come down for breakfast and while we waited they offered us breakfast also at no charge, We came back later that day too check in and they had put our left luggage in our rooms for us. So all in all very good service we will def return - rooms are lovely would have been better if were just slightly bigger it was a bit difficult for two people to get ready for a night out but for location and price wouldn't stop me returning.

Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed January 12, 2011

Stayed here as a last minute option for a business trip as my usual hotels were full. Its a great little property. Single Rooms are very small but they make excellent use of the space and it has everything you could need including ipod docking station & free wifi.
My only complaint is that the room was very hot but this is usually the case in hotels in winter where they crank the heating right up as soon as the temperature drops outside.

The decor was modern and had personality and the hotel is right next to Kensington High Street tube station so a great base for me. The price is excellent and includes breakfast. I didn't get the chance to sample this but it did look good.

Overall I would reccommend without hesitation and would personally stay again.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Gibraltar
Reviewed December 20, 2010

This hotel has an Outrageous policy, they charge you 2 nights stay if you fail to cancel 48 hours before arrival. Unfortunately I was not able to stay at the hotel due to the bad weather over the weekend of 3 -5 December since flights to London had been cancelled. I cannot comment on it's staff or service. However I did visit the hotel on the 9 December when I finally go to London, I was not impressed the double room I was shown was very small, you could not swing a cat in it and you also have to go up two flights of stairs for this reason alone I would not recommend this hotel.
But worse than this is the treatment I have received from the manager who did not accept that I was unable to fly into London due to the bad weather and insisted on his outrageous "hotel policy" to charge 2 nights stay. This is totally outrageous and unacceptable, the worse thing about it is I always stay at Premier Inns , which allows cancellations up to 1pm on the date of arrival without any charge, and that if you do not cancel ONLY charge you for the first night. I know where I'm staying next time I visit London...yes a Premier Inn Hotel.

Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank RockTraveller

Travelers are raving about these London hotels

England
Reviewed December 6, 2010

Rooms were lovely, not too small as commented on in a previous review. Nice and warm which was great as it was bitterly cold. Spotlessly clean. Staff couldn't have been more helpful or attentive. Would have been nice to have an iron in the room but that is the only negative.
Will certainly stay again.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends