See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed here for 4 nights when on a family trip, personally I found the room I was staying in to be quite small and the bed was not much wider than me. The bathroom had I cold water and when I investigated further there wasn’t even a cold water pipe under the sink. It’s great as a base to leave you things and to go explore London but apart from that you wouldn’t want to spend too much time here. It’s very close to a sainsburys and an underground station. There is paid WiFi and the staff were as helpful as possible.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We were booked into this hotel but wrongly so didn't read the comments on Trip Advisor before booking. We just read a few from Booking.com. Two days before our arrival we read the comments and almost every one of them was very bad. Particularly the mould in bathroom and other places and stained and torn carpets etc. I suffer from asthma and can't really be in a room or bathroom that has so much mould. One guest took photos which were quite an eye opener. Really feel that Booking.Com should look into this.

Date of stay: September 2019
Reviewed August 26, 2019

So, prior to visiting this hotel I’ll be honest in that we were slightly apprehensive following the previous poor reviews. It’s not THAT bad, certainly not 1 star level. The room was ok, the service was ok, it was in a great location with it just a short 5 minute walk to the nearest tube station and loads of pubs and eateries just round the corner, it was also quiet and the bed was really comfortable. The hotel is a bit tatty in places, the stair carpet certainly needs changing. The wi-fi is ok, although we were charged £5 for it. There’s lots of signs of wear and tear and the hotel in general is in real need of a good spruce up. It’s an ok place to stay though and to use purely as a base for exploring London.

Date of stay: August 2019
1  Thank EmmaVicky
Reviewed August 18, 2019 via mobile

First impression was the extremely scuffed, and cracked leather sofa in the lobby...did not look comfortable to sit on, and all the luggage blocked the other chairs. They charge to watch your luggage. Oh and our luggage was left out in the open while they “watched” it from behind the desk. It costs five pounds for that. The staff we encountered was cold, flat, and not very friendly. Only one house keeper said hi to us out of all the staff combined. Everyone else seemed annoyed that we were there. It was very hot in the lobby...and for anyone in the states...there’s no ac...not even in your room. Which is not uncommon in London, and even though the weather was decent, the inside was stuffy. Your key keeps your lights on. It was great coming back to a pitch black room at night...with our window open. Another thing to note is that the windows did not lock, so even if they were closed we could have had a surprise visitor in our room. Our room was on the LG level and there was a gate to the stairs that lead down to the area outside our windows, but it was never closed or locked. That made it hard to get outside air to blow in our room. We couldn’t leave our curtains open because anyone waking by could see straight in. There were loud arguments outside our open window. That was a lovely way to start our day. Some of the arguments were between staff and management...at least that’s the way it sounded to us.
There’s no lift and the staircases are small, but that’s not uncommon in older buildings. We were aware of this before we booked. Luckily the friendly housekeeper was nice enough to help me with mine. I knew front desk guy wouldn’t even think to offer.
Concerning the room, the carpet was COVERED in stains. It was disgusting. The bathroom was alright, but the shower had mildew stains, and the shower head was broken and fixed with a plastic bag or some kind of tape. The exhaust fan in the bathroom was covered in dust. The safe would not stay closed and left three large bruises on my legs as it obstructed the path from the bathroom to the beds. I never mentioned it to them because I honestly thought it would incur some kind of charge. There is barely any storage for your belongings. Needless to say, I’ll never stay here again, and would not recommend it. I’m not a picky person, but this place definitely was not a good. I saw the reviews weren’t great before I booked, and decided to give the benefit of the doubt. However, I will not be doing that again.

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed July 4, 2019 via mobile

I stood for 2 nights there because it seemed like a good, close to the underground and decent place.

Man, I was wrong. The place is filthy dirty with stained carpets, mold all over the bathroom and curtains and poor ventilation.

The graveyard shift guy offered me internet and I even asked if the signal was good at room 106 before buying the password from him for 5 freakin pounds, but, surprise, surprise! The signal was inexistent and the front desk clerk refused to give back the money (that was paid in cash and had no receipt) because he “didn’t have the authority to do so”.

The place has no elevator and you have bad news if you’re on the top floors.

I’d rather sleep on the streets than coming back to this dump.

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank alexandremedrado