Londonna Tour Guide
Review Highlights
Great way to learn history

Reviewed April 10, 2018
peter k
Two exceptional days with Donna

Reviewed December 23, 2017
H9628JMjuliet
California
via mobile

All reviews full day tour windsor castle few hours london eye eton oxford tower history knowledge changing architecture guard
Reviewed April 10, 2018

Donna picked us up at our apartment and whisked us away for an awesome full day tour of Windsor Castle and Hampton Court Palace. From the start she was telling us about everything we were passing as we made our way out of London. Her depth of knowledge and pure joy to guide was clear. She was great with our 9 year old daughter being cognizant of her attention and interest to the material.

1  Thank peter k
Reviewed December 23, 2017 via mobile

My husband, 12 year old son and I just returned from a trip to England. We explored the first two days on our own (Churchill War Museum, high streets, River Cruise, London Eye and Tate Museum) then spent two days with Donna covering Buckingham Palace, Westminster Abby, and Tower Of London and on the second day Hampton Court and Windsor Palace. This was the first time we had hired a private guide in Europe and Donna was recommended by a friend who had engaged her services over the summer. We covered so much more ground and with a much deeper understanding than we could have done on our own - even had we used guide books or audio tools. Donna has a deep passion for history and had a fascinating story for everything we saw, whether a civic building, monument, church, painting or crypt. Upon my request she even recommended pre-trip reading materials to help us prepare for our immersion into London’s history. She has lots of energy and is warm, gracious and easy to be with. Learning that we would be in Oxford a few hours on our last day she found us another blue badge guide to tour the Oxford colleges with us. We had a wonderful time touring with Donna and I heartily endorse her services. While it is expensive to hire a private guide the investment is well worth the price - you will see much more and learn 10x more than you would on your own. The whole sightseeing process is easier and more fun when you are escorted by a talented knowledgeable guide like Donna.

1  Thank H9628JMjuliet
Reviewed September 26, 2017

We hired Donna for a full day tour of Windsor Castle and other villages in the area (Eton and Henley). Hiring for a private tour may seem extravagant but what you get in return from such superb and professional guidance makes it a great investment. If I could give her 6 stars I would! The personalized itinerary that she developed and the attention to detail really made the experience memorable. Donna had great ideas for the tour and we made it to Windsor Castle in time for the changing of the guard--which was on my bucket list! Her knowledge of the history and the architecture of the castle and the towns that we visited--was extensive. I would recommend to anyone to hire Donna for their next tour in the London area.

2  Thank jmanchester03
Reviewed August 2, 2017

We could not have experienced London in a more perfect way than with Donna. We had a mutual friend that referred us, and it made our first visit to London better than I could have anticipated or hoped for. Aside from her vast historical knowledge, complete with charming anecdotes and tidbits that one would never know, she has the gift of knowing exactly what to do with us. We were able to see and enjoy soooo much more than we ever could on our own. Personable, warm, sense of humor...really just perfect. She gets the highest rating, and I cannot wait to return and see another part of London, with Donna as our guide!!

1  Thank nansanaz
Reviewed April 26, 2017

Donna provided our family with an amazing 2 days in London! Her deep historic knowledge, high energy and sense of balance (doing just the right amount each day) made for a terrific holiday in London. She captivated our three teenagers and kept us on track - seeing some of London's most cherished attractions.

We will never tour a city like London again without a guide with Donna's attributes!

1  Thank doug437
Reviewed April 18, 2017

We hired Donna through the Blue Guide service since we wanted a trained, reliable and informed guide. We Donna we got that and so much more. She is warm and personable and very engaging. My wife and I took our 13 year old grandson to England and so Donna was dealing with a wide age difference in her audience. She handled it extremely well and our grandson loved the information and attention and my wife and I learned so much as well. We did one full day in London and then later made a trip to Stonehenge and overnight in Bath and went through the Cotswolds and Oxford on the way back. She was knowledgeable about every place, from the best old pubs for lunch, to the quads in Oxford, the prettiest villages in the Cotswalds and provided a wonderful tour of the Roman Baths. We cannot say enough good things about her guiding, driving and interpersonal skills. Just hire her and find out for yourself.

1  Thank smilla123
Reviewed April 15, 2017

Donna is a terrific guide and I highly recommend her. She made our tour of the Tower and British Museum a wonderful experience for our grandchildren. She is warm, knowledgeable and very friendly.

1  Thank les90212
Reviewed April 11, 2017

Do not hesitiate to book with Donna. I have used her several time and had many friends I have referred Donna to who have also really been impressed. No hassel, just fun. She misses NOTHING.

1  Thank Shannon R
Reviewed September 3, 2016

My wife and I spent one of the best tour days ever with Donna as we visited Westminster Abbey; Churchill's War Rooms; and the Tower of London. We have traveled a lot and have never had the good fortune of such a knowledgeable guide.
Not only is Donna extremely well-educated on the history, but she has a wonderful personality and ability to communicate. To top it off, she has a keen sense of humor and a very winsome way. We wanted to book her for another day but were too late...another lucky traveler beat us to the punch. We definitely will tour with Donna again. We are so thankful to our travel agent for recommending her.

2  Thank Cooker1946
Reviewed July 28, 2016

Donna Was absolutely wonderful! She has an extensive knowledge not only of Jane Austen, but also the history of the cities surrounding the sights. Friendly and accommodating, Donna went above and beyond to ensure that my friend and I both fully experienced the parts of the tour that we valued most. She even brought us an audiobook of Pride and Prejudice to listen to on our drive to Bath! Thank you so much, Donna, for your insight into the English countryside and one of our heroines, Jane Austen!

1  Thank lopezpaige360