“Saturday Markets Easy Cycling Tour”
Review of Biker's Delight

Biker's Delight
Ranked #58 of 208 Outdoor Activities in London
More attraction details
Owner description: Providing fun cycle tours inside and out of London. Plus services for the developing cyclist such as lessons, guided ride to work and assistance buying a bike.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed May 22, 2012

I done the sunday markets bike tour last year which i really enjoyed so felt i really had to do the satruday markets as well to complete the London Market circuit. I am a Londoner but have never been to Borough Market where we started our tour which is an amazing place to visit and sample wonderful food and couldn't resist an apple strudel. Will return with shopping basket next time. We then cycled through City of London a ghost town at the weekend and on to Regents Canal and came off at our next stop Broadway market which i never heard of which is a quaint all sorts type of market with buskers, pie & mash shop and loads of random stalls. After that back onto canal exiting at Limehouse and then down to Canary Wharf and another first was to go down under the Thames via the Greenwich foot subway..Luckily lift was working to take bikes down. Stopped at greenwich market and then cycled back along south side of Thames to finish, I love these tours get to see places which are not so easily accessible by road and cover a lot of ground and feel you deserve the apple strudel or other titbits you pick up along the way. Graham is a very keen and helpful tour guide who makes you feel you are part of a gang rather than on some formal guided tour. Will definitely recommend these tours and will keep a watchful eye for further bike tours.

Reviewed May 15, 2012

This was my fourth cycling weekend with Bikers Delight and every one has been well planned with good routes, pretty villages, great food stops and excellent weather (I don't know how Graham does it).
I would thoroughly recommend these weekends to anyone reasonably fit, keen on cycling and with an interest in the great British countryside.

Reviewed April 3, 2012

This was my first visit to the Sunday markets in London and this trip was the perfect way to see them. The cycling was easy and fun as the roads were quiet. We had enough time at each market to get a feel for each one and take some photos. We stopped for lunch in Brick Lane where there was a great food hall serving food from all over the world. Another real treat was cycling over Tower Bridge on the way back. We were very lucky with the weather, clear blue sky and sunny all day, which was the finishing touch.

Reviewed March 30, 2012

Well organised and very personable a good weekend with great countryside and location well planned route and stops.

Reviewed October 4, 2011

This was my second trip guided by Graham. The routes are always well thought out, and while challenging at times due to the inevitable hills, the groups ride at a good pace, so anyone with reasonable fitness can join.

This particular ride was through the stunning countryside of the Cotswolds, including some of the chocolate-box/picture postcard villages, some of the most impressive views from the hilltops, and some super speedy downhill sections (I especially loved the run into Broadway). There were also plenty of refreshment stops along the way for tea/ice cream/ sarnies/ deli goods etc. The final lunch spot, Daylesford, is an impressive organic farmshop that is well worth a visit.

I recommend having a hybrid or road bike for this trip, as it was a bit tougher on a mountainbike (well, that's my excuse anyway!), and make sure the bike has decent gears and brakes.