“Chaos: left wet and hungry”
Review of Judd Hotel

Judd Hotel
Ranked #202 of 558 London B&B and Inns
Rugby, United Kingdom
“Chaos: left wet and hungry”
Reviewed January 20, 2014

I should have been warned when I arrived at 5pm to find the reception door locked and was left standing in the rain for ages. Room was small, but OK. Breakfast was,however, a disaster. I arrived as it should have started at 7am to find nothing was ready. I was left sitting in the dark for 15 minutes while staff were clearly trying to sort out a problem. No one explained what the problem was, or apologised for keeping me waiting. At 7.30 I'd been presented with a cup of tea and an under cooked piece of toast, but still no comment. I gave up and got something to eat at the station. I can accept that problems occur, but don't expect to be ignored.

Room Tip: Tiny single rooms.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank fionah99

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
  • Polish first
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 20, 2014

We stayed in the Judd Hotel for one night. It was wonderful. Very near to the underground so for us, just 2 stops to Covent Garden. Rooms were small but perfectly adequate. The hotel is very clean and the staff are polite and courteous. I have stayed in hotels double the price of this one and with the same sized rooms. Breakfast was OK. Would definitely stay here again and would recommend it. I great central hotel.

Room Tip: No elevator so if you find stairs a struggle then I am sure you could request a room on the ground f...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank sarah z
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed January 10, 2014

Stayed here 2 nights (Dec 30 & 31, 2013) with my 3 young-adult children. We had a quad room on the 2nd floor (3 flights of stairs). Room was good for us (2 single beds and a double sofa-bed which was already pulled out and made up when we arrived). Bathroom was small but adequate. Room had flat screen tv and electric kettle for tea/coffee. Breakfast was included and was very hearty & satisfying. Location was great for us as we had to travel by train and Euston station was very close. Also close by were 2 tube stations (Euston & Russell Square) which gave very easy access to central London attractions. Hotel was very clean & front desk attendant helpful. No complaints at all and I would stay here again if needed easy access to train stations (Euston & St. Pancras) as both are very convenient to this hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 15, 2013

I have never seen a room that size....
The room was extremely small with a view on a wall.
You can hear the neighbours and you cannot see the TV from your bed.
The bed was also very small.
Never again!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank cyblexy01

Travelers are raving about these London hotels

Cambridge, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 12, 2013

Stayed here one night for work and found the hotel very clean, staff helpful, room tiny, wifi good ... so all in all good value for central London and it was very near where I was working. No lift so beware if you have a heavy bag or problems with stairs. Breakfast basic but I don't eat much at that time anyway.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Worksop, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 6, 2013

poor value for money. expensive . advertise as if it is great hotel to cheat customers. not honest. the hotel is same what u get with easyjet hotels group, very tiny room, toilet very tiny and the worst shower room cubicle can not inside as then you hit the walls
breakfast very basic . easy jet hotel are honest in what they advertise as budget ones

Room Tip: poor value for money
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed December 3, 2013

I give three stars, but only because I was 'upgraded' from a single room to a triple room on the third floor, with seemingly no neighbours to disturb me. If I had been in a single room, I would probably given two stars, and probably just one star if my benchmark was what £144 can buy you in other European capitals. The ascent to the third floor allowed me to note that the stairs would be difficult to negotiate with luggage (I just had a shoulder bag) and that, given the number of doors on each short corridor, the rooms must be very small. My triple room was OK for one, but how three could manage there for more than one night is beyond me. The room was refurbished (except for the windows) and the bathroom was spick and span. The temperature control worked. The conversion of the building must have been expensive, and that is reflected in the price.

I took breakfast early, and the room was not crowded. I think breakfast only starts at 8h on Sundays and holidays, which is unreasonable for a hotel close to major railway stations.
I do not care for a cooked breakfast, which left me with little choice. No alternative to white toast, then only orange juice, only two cereals, only strawberry or apricot jam packets, and only strawberry or apricot yoghurt (honestly). The breakfast staff were pleasant, but they might get frazzled towards the end, what with the cramped, windowless room.

The hotel is well situated between Kings Cross and Russell Square (the latter more convenient if you are on the Picadilly line). There are quite a few cafes and restauarants around, including "Balfour", and in the shopping centre on the way to Russell Square. Assuming £10 was added to the bill for the breakfast, I would have much preferred to spend that £10 in the Pain Quotidien in St Pancras, or much less in Starbucks.

Finally, I got bombarded with a marketing e-mail from the hotel when I returned. My "unsubscribe" from something I never asked for was registered, but I have since been bombarded with another marketing, and this time with no 'unsubscribe' (doubly illegal). There is thus no chance of me returning to this guest house.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business