“Steakhouse Favorite!”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings
Neighborhood: Mayfair
Reviewed May 29, 2014

If you're looking for a typical London Steakhouse, you'll find none better than JW's at the Grovsner Hotel on Park Lane. We just had a simple dinner, no frills, just our enter and a couple glasses of wine, but everything was absolutely first class and the service was impeccable.
A truly great stop on our UK trip.

Morten S, Hotel Manager at JW Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2014

Thank you for your very kind comments with regards to your recent visit to The JW Steakhouse.

I am delighted to hear that the service and overall experience your had was most memorable and we do look forard to welcoming you again in the near future.

With kindest regards,

Reviewed May 28, 2014

We had stayed at the Marriott hotel over Xmas and ad an excellent Xmas lunch here so thought we would come back and try a steak meal. My husbands meal lived up to expectations and he was completely satisfied. I ordered the ribs and although the meat was cooked to perfection the sauce was so highly salted you could not taste anything else. When I mentioned this to the waiter saying "the ribs are really good but the sauce is..." the waiter added "very salty" before I finished the sentence!! surely if they already know that they have over salted the sauce they should not serve it!! This restaurant is too expensive (£115 for 2 main courses and a bottle of wine), for 1 person to have a poor dinner.

Morten S, Hotel Manager at JW Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2014

Thank you for posting a comment here on TripAdvisor with regards to your recent dining experience at The JW Steakhouse.

I am disappointed to read that while your meat was cooked to your liking, the sauce for your particular dish did not reach expectations. Rest assured I have shared your feedback with our culinary team, who will ensure that this does not occur again in future.

Should you ever decide to return to visit us at The JW Steakhouse, we do hope that we are given the opportunity to redeem ourselves.

Kind regards,

Reviewed May 28, 2014

but not so fancy that a boring American felt out of place when choosing the breakfast buffet or for dinner. The steaks are of the highest quality. The service (just like the rest of the JW) was over the top awesome! I regret that I only ate 4 meals here in a week. I would have been happy having EVERY meal here but had to see the rest of the city too!

It is most pleasing to read that you enjoyed every meal at The JW Steakhouse! Thank you for taking the time to share your comments here on TripAdvisor, it is most appreciated.

The JW Steakhouse team always strives to bring forth a flawless experience for each and every guest that visits the restaurant and I am most pleased to hear that yours was just that.

We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Sincerest regards,

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Although the restaurant did not have our booking from Bookatable, they were very helpful and seated us with no problems. We also were given complimentary nibbles. Food was excellent with melt in the mouth steaks. Fillet Oscar particularly lovely. Steaks cooked to everyones particular choice. Side dishes are very generous which was pointed out to us on ordering . The cheescake was also huge, basically order one and it is enough for four to share.

Reviewed May 27, 2014

booked easily through their sait a Saturday night. tried the day soup (lobster bisque) that was like a ready made can soup.
as a main course had the 1 kilo rib stake, aged and cooked as requested.The wine list short and expensive.Good service.
Next time would try another steakhouse.

Morten S, Hotel Manager at JW Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2014

Thank you for feedback with regards to your recent dining experience at The JW Steakhouse.

Your comments are truly appreciated and I must apologize if you felt that the Lobster Bisque fell short of expectations. I can assure you that all of our menu items are prepared freshly in the JW Steakhouse kitchen, but rest assured, your feedback has been shared with the culinary team.

I am most pleased to hear that you found the service to be of a high standard and we do hope to welcome you again, should you reconsider visiting in future.

Kindest regards,