“Great restaurant!”

JW Steakhouse
Ranked #349 of 23,873 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Mayfair
Reviewed October 11, 2013

Went here for my fathers birthday and we were not disappointed. Service was top notch, ambience was lovely, food was fantastic and our waitress Herlyn is a credit to the restaurant. They bought out a birthday cheesecake for my father with a card and sang happy birthday to him! We all had steak and all had it cooked differently and we all agreed, the steak was superb. The sides were big and we regrettably had to leave a lot of it. Advice, if there's four of you, share the sides! You don't need one each! All in all a lovely meal and evening and we would definitely go again.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Came here while in London and expected it to be great. I was here with a couple of friends and their family that lived in the UK. I ordered a ribeye medium rare and some sides for the table. When I got my steak, I cut into it and it looked fine. When I was eating it, I noticed that it was hard to chew it and also hard to cut it. I ended up leaving around 70% of the steak due to this. As for the sides, they were just alright. Not sure if they deliberately leave salt out of the food for people with issues or not. As for the service, that was great as was the ambience. For these reasons, I gave it a 2 rather than a 1. For this price point, I expect better quality meat.

1  Thank fatubus
Reviewed October 6, 2013

I took my wife here for her birthday in September. Its a lovely venue set inside the famous Grosvenor House Hotel. There are non steak options, but the menu is unsurprisingly dominated by steak and we shared a Porterhouse and a Fillet. Both were excellent, along with the sides, and the 'birthday' cheesecake was as good as people say, but so big we took it home to share with the rest of the family.
Overall this was a very enjoyable experience although we thought it was slightly noisy in there so possibly not the perfect place for a romantic dinner for two, although we chose it because we both steak lovers.
A massive positive was the service which was outstanding from start to finish. The waitress (who i think was new) was friendly, knowledgable, extremely enthusiastic and a real credit to the restaurant.
Finally, the restaurant gave my wife a birthday card, signed by the staff which I thought was a really nice touch and i have never had that before in a restaurant.
All in all, the food, service and extra touches combined mean that I would certainly return, although probably in a larger group.

Reviewed October 1, 2013

Beautiful spot with amazing decor and fabulous and attentive service. The drinks were excellent with top quality wines available by the glass. Tomahawk steak was an impressive beast however my ribeye wasn't as succulent as I would have expected. The sides were fantastic – sweet potato mash with marshmallows was just decadent! Unfortunately despite the hard sell on their famous cheesecake we just could not find the room. Next time

Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

Superb,honestly amazing best evening,our barman a young polish guy not sure on spelling but Poltar(might be wrong but I apologize)

Only stumble in for a drink, the cocktail were fantastic we loved the smoked bacon martinis and the beetroot sourz, superb twist and unique great range of bourbon and good range of cocktails,knowledge of our barmans cocktails was great he did a couple of suprises.

Food was delish it took a bit of time to go d out if the meat was joesper or not it is t which is a shame, the ribs at 18 pound is a brilliant price but also delish, I could not finish the plate, the bread was lovely, we shared the calamari which was lovely, andy friend had the burger which was good as well, service from Delia was fab.

Brill restaurant, fantastic service even better drinks, I cannot wait to be back!!!