“Excellent Food, Good Service, Outstanding Value”
Review of Juniper Dining - CLOSED

Juniper Dining
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Juniper Dining is a family run restaurant in the heart of Highbury, North London serving modern British & European cusine. Opened in October 2009 and currently top rated on toptable. Ideal for any occasion from family get togethers to romantic evenings. Private hire also welcome.
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Juniper Dining is a small, understated restaurant in a slightly less fashionable part of Islington (near to Highbury Barn). It serves modern, inventive, high-quality food - with an emphasis on British sea-food. They have a good wine list with plenty of bottles at the £20 level. The music is contemporary and subtle, the service polite and attentive.

What makes this place stand out is the value. I recently ate here for £63 for two 3-course meals including wine. I would have guessed that I would pay £100 - £120 anywhere else for an equivalent experience. I have only eaten here once but I will return again and again.

2  Thank JakeH1
There are newer reviews for Juniper Dining

Reviewed March 22, 2013

Having visited on a Tuesday evening mid-week in March with my boyfriend, I can highly recommend Juniper. The chef recommended the scallops and seabass specials and indeed they were mouth-wateringly good; very fresh and cooked to perfection. The menu is pitch perfect and my beau enjoyed his usual pork belly. The staff were welcoming and the tables presented beautifully. A mushroom and chive amuse bouche with truffle oil set the generous tone. We were offered a fine Beaujolais and head chef Rob appears to be a fine operator. We will definitely return.

Reviewed February 13, 2013

We were taken to this restaurant near Highbury Fields by friends who are regulars. It was a cold, dismal night just before Valentine's eve and so there were not many diners but that really didn't matter. It is a cosy, comfortable restaurant that feels rather like being in a friend's dining room and the food is wonderful. I had the set menu, smoked salmon and egg on hash browns and with a hollandaise sauce, which I liked, and followed with sea bass that was really good. It being pancake day, the chef offered to substitute those for the specified dessert and then offered seconds when we had finished the first lot. Lovely. On the evidence of the wine we chose, a Roncier, the wine list is good too. Our meal was all reasonably priced for its quality and I'd recommend making a detour to try it..

Reviewed December 12, 2012

I like the food and the chef will change things if you ask, i feel its too pricey for what you get but service is good

Reviewed November 18, 2012

I have visited Juniper Dining on several occasions and the food and service are always first rate. On my most recent visit I had steak and ale pudding, which was nothing short of exceptional. The smoked salmon hash browns are also a personal favourite of mine. Considering the quality of the cooking, ingredients and service Juniper really is superb value as well. I've been to so many restaurants that charge similar amounts to Juniper but few can compete with it. A real gem of a place that I'd highly recommend to anyone.