“Authentic Thai dishes but nothing too fancy.”
Review of Siam Garden

Siam Garden
Ranked #2,561 of 23,677 Restaurants in London
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: South Kensington
Reviewed March 19, 2013

We chanced upon this restaurant as we were very hungryI enjoyed my meal here, the food is authentic thai and the restaurant itself is very cute. The portions were not really large and perhaps because of that it could be seen as a bit expensive. The thai desserts were great, I had not had many thai desserts before but the green pancake was delicious. Staff are friendly but not too engaging. Overall, a very nice meal. Atmosphere was slightly lacking.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

The food is ok, but I had better Thai food in the area, the ambient and atmosphere remind me of my grandma stuffed rooms with loads of useless things, could be done much better. Price is the surprice as you could find better food and less expensive elsewhere in London.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

Siam Garden has been in Hogarth Place for as long as I can remember, one of very few Thai restaurants in the area, believe it or not.

The food is authentic Thai, as is the decor and, most certainly, the service. But the standards are not high and I can only report this restaurant as average.

I'm so sorry and I wish you would improve. Oh, and stop adding a hefty service charge. Your standards are not good enough.

Reviewed January 7, 2013

This is a perfectly decent, local Thai restaurant, but there is nothing special about the food that is served. On the night that I visited, I started with a few spicy crackers - the sight of the manager/owner fishing out the crackers from a black plastic bin liner (itself inside a plastic bucket) behind the bar was not particularly appetising, but hey, I knew I wasn't going to get haute cuisine. A starter of prawn cakes was frankly disappointing: tough and chewy rather than light and crisp. However, the meal was somewhat redeemed by a main course of pad thai with prawns, which was pretty tasty, and came with 5 decent sized king prawns (which hadn't been de-veined, but what's a bit of prawn intestine between friends).

The atmosphere is ok, nothing special, and service is efficient. However, there is clearly a loyal clientele, and the manager/owner took time to talk to diners and welcome back regular customers. Also, the price of dishes on the menu I think is generally very good, and the restaurant therefore offers great value for money.

1  Thank Richard P
Reviewed December 27, 2012

Really good food. Staff were helpful and freindly dispite the late hour. Discount was available for takeway.

1  Thank ATWtravel_12