“Wonderful Tour - Wonderful Day!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The English Bus

The English Bus
Ranked #6 of 673 Tours in London
More attraction details
Owner description: The highest quality small group, personalised day tours from London with a maximum 16 passengers. Tours to Stonehenge, Bath, Oxford, The Cotswolds, Stratford upon Avon, France, Belgium and more. We go where the big buses can't and you get the personal attention from your extremely passionate, articulate, knowledgeable and personable guide that you cannot get in a larger tour group. Small family run business, we care about each and every guest we take on tour. Don't get lost in the crowd - guaranteed small groups for an unforgettable tour experience!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Toronto, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Wonderful Tour - Wonderful Day!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2013

What a fantastic day we had with Chris from The English Bus. My husband, daughter and I went on the Stongehenge, Bath and Secret Places tour and I highly recommend not only this tour, but the company. It was one of the best day tours we've ever been on, if not THE best. There were only 14 of us on this tour (max is 16) which is one of the reasons we originally chose this company - it made for a more personalized experience. Chris was so friendly, a wealth of knowledge and always willing to answer questions. The Secret Places were fabulous and a wonderful surprise. I can't recommend this company enough. Hopefully we'll be back in the UK again soon and booking another tour with Chris.

1 Thank Brenda D

• Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Hong Kong, China
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“A great day with English bus”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

We have a great day with English bus in Bath, Stonehenge and the secret places!
They told us the lovely stories, gossip stories and history of the places!
It's really worth to join them!

3 Thank Lu_calbee
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Awesome tour led by Chris who has loads of interesting facts to share about every single place we went.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

The first thing that caught my eye was the really cute and cosy tour bus that can only take less than 16 tourists - which is a good thing cos it means the tour is more personalized and you get to ask questions!

Chris is really friendly and it's always nice to be part of a tour group where the guide is knowledgeable and humorous at the same time! I enjoyed the day tour (Stonehenge, Bath and 2 secret places) a lot! And trust me the 2 secret places we were brought to were mysterious and fun. Love it! Will definitively take up a tour with them again when I'm there!

Thanks Chris (and Jen!)

4 Thank Sabrinachen
jjEdmonton
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great day trip!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

This bus operated by Chris can only take I think a max of 16 ppl. Nice small group makes the touring more enjoyable. Chris is very personable gives a good narrative along the way. Gives you the opportunity to have some free time as well. Would do another tour with him.

1 Thank jjEdmonton
Chris_English_Bus, Owner at The English Bus, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Hi jjEdmonton,

It was wonderful to meet you last weekend. I wanted to say thank you for taking the time to write your kind review - our 200th on Tripadvisor. We don't respond to many reviews as it is hard to know what to say when people write positive comments - but we certainly read each positive comment with interest and pride.

It is so incredibly important to hear that people enjoyed their tour with us - we put everything we can into the tour so you can get out as much as possible. Postitive comments make the effort we put in even more worthwhile. I hope you remember the tour for a long time into the future and keep those secret places....secret!

Many thanks,

Chris
Palo Alto, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Will Not Be Disappointed!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

I spent several hours researching other day tours to Bath and Stonehenge when I discovered the English Bus Tours. It was when I read one of the other reviews that said "don't over think it" that I decided to book. I am so happy I did! I was not disappointed and very satisfied. Chris takes excellent care of his group and is very knowledgeable. What I liked best about the tour is that there are only 16 people which is a great size to manage so you are not stuck waiting for people like you are with charter bus tours. I will definitely book with English Bus Day Tours again the next time I am in London.

1 Thank K N