“Great Day”

The English Bus
Book In Advance
More Info
and up
Oxford Stratford and Cotswolds Villages Small...
Ranked #1 of 750 Tours in London
More attraction details
Owner description: #1 rated small group day tours from London, max 16 passengers. Tours to Stonehenge, Bath, Oxford, The Cotswolds, Stratford on Avon, Belgium and more. We go off the beaten track and follow scenic routes that the big buses can't and you get the personal attention from your extremely passionate, articulate, knowledgeable and personable guide that you cannot get in a larger tour group. Small family run business, we care about each and every guest we take on tour. Don't get lost in the crowd - guaranteed small groups for an unforgettable tour experience! All tours start in central London - our Bath and Stonehenge tour departs daily, Our Cotswolds, Oxford, Stratford tour departs Wednesdays and Sundays and our Canterbury, Dover Cliffs and Castle tour every Friday. Bruges day tour departs once a month. Come join us!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Great trip to Stonehenge and Bath. Chris is great at explaining the sites and with the teenagers. Small groups and interesting secret places that must remain secret.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,931)
All reviews
"small tour"
in 24 reviews
"great tour"
in 103 reviews
"highly recommend this company"
in 25 reviews
"walking tour"
in 88 reviews
"great sense of humor"
in 18 reviews
"highlight of our trip"
in 26 reviews

Reviewed December 29, 2012

Did the day trip to Bruges Belgium from London (Kennington tube stop). Very enjoyable trip and informative. Rode in the chunnel tunnel with Chris' bus (named "William"). Myself and my husband (long time married couple from California, USA). Wonderful food including fries and chocolate. Bruges is a fairy tale city (Christmas was in full bloom) and now we know where Disneyland steals ideas from.... I would recommend to anyone... Bruges is very accepting of Englsh speakig tourists.

1  Thank bobnver
Reviewed December 9, 2012

Jen & Chris are absolutely fantastic! I was traveling alone, and unsure of the tube system, but Jen was able to give me directions and make me feel at ease in getting to the pick up point. I did the day trip to Bruges, Belgium and it was great. We left London at 8 am and were back in the city around 10 pm. The ride to Belgium was great, and Chris offered a lot of great ideas on what to see or do before sending us out on our own in Bruges. I would absolutely recommend this company to anyone in London looking to do a day trip.

1  Thank Erin M
Reviewed December 7, 2012

So happy that I found Chris and The English Bus. I took the one day tour to Stonehenge, Bath and the very Secret Places. In November, I took my first trip to the UK and was traveling solo. I had no desire to drive myself out to Stonehenge and Bath, so I booked a tour. What a find! Not only did I get to see two sites that were on my must see list, but some "secret places" as well. There were other solo travelers and couples on the day of my tour. The number of participants was "just right". Chris made quite an impression. Professional and knowledgeable, but warm and witty. What great luck we had with the weather. I've already passed on the English Bus info to a colleague who is traveling to the UK next year.

2  Thank jjb4321
See more reviews
Reviewed December 4, 2012

We went on the Bath/Stonehenge tour. Chris was a great guide and it's obvious he enjoys what he's doing. I went with my 7 year old son and he definitely enjoyed this tour more than the others we went on and i'd have to give Chris much of the credit... He was patient with my sons interruptions while still staying on topic for the rest of us to enjoy his explanations and knowledge. We will definitely take another tour through this company again the next time we're in London, I wish all tour experiences were this good!

1  Thank Edward S