“Great tour!”

$120.77*
Canterbury, Dover, Rochester, Kent in One Day from London
Ranked #6 of 727 Tours in London
More attraction details
Owner description: #1 rated small group day tours from London, max 16 passengers. Tours to Stonehenge, Bath, Oxford, The Cotswolds, Stratford on Avon, Belgium and more. We go off the beaten track and follow scenic routes that the big buses can't and you get the personal attention from your extremely passionate, articulate, knowledgeable and personable guide that you cannot get in a larger tour group. Small family run business, we care about each and every guest we take on tour. Don't get lost in the crowd - guaranteed small groups for an unforgettable tour experience! All tours start in central London - our Bath and Stonehenge tour departs daily, Our Cotswolds, Oxford, Stratford tour departs Wednesdays and Sundays and our Canterbury, Dover Cliffs and Castle tour every Friday. Bruges day tour departs once a month. Come join us!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed June 1, 2012

I read good reviews and tried to book the English bus tour via their website but it showed that the tour was fully booked on the specific date I wanted. I emailed Chris and checked their website again and this time there was availability. I'm so glad I manage to get a booking on this tour.
Tour date was 7 May to Stonehenge, Bath and 2 secret places. Eventhough the weather was horrible at Stonehenge, the entire tour was still great. I'm so happy that Chris brought us to the secret places. Also the cider recommendation by Chris at Bath, was fantastic!!! He also dropped us off at the most convenient place after the entire tour.
I'll definitely take another tour with Chris on my next visit to UK.

2  Thank seine_b
Write a ReviewReviews (1,855)

Reviewed May 28, 2012

Chris our driver was the best very knowledgeable, funny and engaging. We went on the Stonehenge and Bath tour, I recommend this tour to everyone. Its a bit long though so keep that in mind.

1  Thank smileywilde
ChrisatTheEnglishBus, Owner at The English Bus, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2012

Dear Smileywide,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your tour with The English Bus. We are delighted that you enjoyed the day and it was a pleasure to take you on a tour with us. Good feedback and recommendations from our customers mean so much to us.

Our Bath, Stonehenge and Secret Places tour is quite a long day but we have been extremely careful to create the best itinerary and schedule for the day. Rather than rush you through the sites like some other tour companies we take our time so as to give you a chance to enjoy the places we visit. The feedback we have received from our valued customers suggests that we have got the timings just right to leave everyone satisfied that we have enjoyed the places we visit as much as possible in one day.

I thank you again for reviewing us and hope that the memories of the tour stay with you a long time into the future!

Many thanks,

Chris Horsey

Reviewed May 23, 2012

Chris is very entertaining and knowledgable. He has a great sense of humor too! His small tour is the way to go for a close up view and his unique perspective on these historic sites. The secret places distinguish from the other guys. A must see and do when in London.

Reviewed May 19, 2012

My husband and I went on the tour to Stonehenge, Bath and 2 secret places on May 7th. We thoroughly enjoyed the tour with Chris and his very comfortable bus William. Chris is an excellent tour guide and even had umbrella's for us in case we had not brought our own. He points out a lot of interesting sights along the way and the secret places are amazing. When we got back to London he went out of the way to make sure that we were all dropped off somewhere convenient to the places we were staying. I will definitely book my next tour with Chris.

2  Thank JAG360
Reviewed May 12, 2012

My husband and I are on an one-month visit to Western Europe; London, Rome, Florence, Pisa, Nice, Monaco, Paris, Brussels and Amsterdam. Therefore, I booked all of our tours, hotels based on recommendations from my fellow TA members. So far, my experiences have been spot on to your recommendations and ratings!

Chris (the proprietor) and William (the bus) shuttles 15 ppl or less to various sights. We went to stonehenge and Bath plus two secret locations. I hate to say it but the secret locations were cooler than Stonehenge itself. Along the drive to these sights, Chris offers lots of neat info on various things, such as sights you would see in movies (the bridge in sliding doors), Kate middleton's former school, tidbits about the posh neighborhood of chelsea; just general neat things a visitor might not know. Don't worry, he doesn't talk the whole way. He points out the highlights.

My husband and I found Chris to be extremely charming and very approachable. On tours, sometimes you feel rushed but I can assure you that we were not rushed through any sights. Chris was able to build commardarie between all the guests and move us along neat sights as a group. He is extremely knowledgeable about his home turf as well as abroad. His easy demeanor and witty jokes were a nice touch to the long drive out to Stonehenge. Moreover, his punctuality was very much appreciated and I really liked the fact that he showed up early. William also provided comfortable seating for our journey.

I found this tour to be an extremely good value. We generally don't tip on these tours but we were more than happy to do so for Chris given the stellar service he provided. Chris was extremely thoughtful and brought along bottles of water for everyone! On our tour alone, he had quite a few repeat customers. That should be an excellent indicator for you to book online now! Cannot say a bad thing about this company, the owner or the tour!

P.S. If you go to Bath, definitely try the cider ale and eat Pasty's.

3  Thank shopaholicinvan