“I would take a tour from the English Bus again!!”
Review of The English Bus

$125.50*
Canterbury, Dover, Rochester, Kent in One Day from London
Ranked #6 of 732 Tours in London
More attraction details
Owner description: #1 rated small group day tours from London, max 16 passengers. Tours to Stonehenge, Bath, Oxford, The Cotswolds, Stratford on Avon, Belgium and more. We go off the beaten track and follow scenic routes that the big buses can't and you get the personal attention from your extremely passionate, articulate, knowledgeable and personable guide that you cannot get in a larger tour group. Small family run business, we care about each and every guest we take on tour. Don't get lost in the crowd - guaranteed small groups for an unforgettable tour experience! All tours start in central London - our Bath and Stonehenge tour departs daily, Our Cotswolds, Oxford, Stratford tour departs Wednesdays and Sundays and our Canterbury, Dover Cliffs and Castle tour every Friday. Bruges day tour departs once a month. Come join us!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed May 23, 2012

Chris is very entertaining and knowledgable. He has a great sense of humor too! His small tour is the way to go for a close up view and his unique perspective on these historic sites. The secret places distinguish from the other guys. A must see and do when in London.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,856)

Reviewed May 19, 2012

My husband and I went on the tour to Stonehenge, Bath and 2 secret places on May 7th. We thoroughly enjoyed the tour with Chris and his very comfortable bus William. Chris is an excellent tour guide and even had umbrella's for us in case we had not brought our own. He points out a lot of interesting sights along the way and the secret places are amazing. When we got back to London he went out of the way to make sure that we were all dropped off somewhere convenient to the places we were staying. I will definitely book my next tour with Chris.

2  Thank JAG360
Reviewed May 12, 2012

My husband and I are on an one-month visit to Western Europe; London, Rome, Florence, Pisa, Nice, Monaco, Paris, Brussels and Amsterdam. Therefore, I booked all of our tours, hotels based on recommendations from my fellow TA members. So far, my experiences have been spot on to your recommendations and ratings!

Chris (the proprietor) and William (the bus) shuttles 15 ppl or less to various sights. We went to stonehenge and Bath plus two secret locations. I hate to say it but the secret locations were cooler than Stonehenge itself. Along the drive to these sights, Chris offers lots of neat info on various things, such as sights you would see in movies (the bridge in sliding doors), Kate middleton's former school, tidbits about the posh neighborhood of chelsea; just general neat things a visitor might not know. Don't worry, he doesn't talk the whole way. He points out the highlights.

My husband and I found Chris to be extremely charming and very approachable. On tours, sometimes you feel rushed but I can assure you that we were not rushed through any sights. Chris was able to build commardarie between all the guests and move us along neat sights as a group. He is extremely knowledgeable about his home turf as well as abroad. His easy demeanor and witty jokes were a nice touch to the long drive out to Stonehenge. Moreover, his punctuality was very much appreciated and I really liked the fact that he showed up early. William also provided comfortable seating for our journey.

I found this tour to be an extremely good value. We generally don't tip on these tours but we were more than happy to do so for Chris given the stellar service he provided. Chris was extremely thoughtful and brought along bottles of water for everyone! On our tour alone, he had quite a few repeat customers. That should be an excellent indicator for you to book online now! Cannot say a bad thing about this company, the owner or the tour!

P.S. If you go to Bath, definitely try the cider ale and eat Pasty's.

3  Thank shopaholicinvan
Reviewed May 11, 2012

During our short stay in London in April we took one day excursion to Oxford, Stratford with Chris. In spite of cold and rainy weather he made our trip wonderful. His care, knowledge and enthusiasm made it really unforgettable. My mother and I really enjoyed it. I will recommend his company to all my friends.

2  Thank alla000
Reviewed May 3, 2012

My sister booked the Stratford-upon-Avon, The Cotswolds, and Oxford tour for us last April 29. Although the weather was pretty bad--it was raining pretty much the whole tour--Chris made the most of it under the circumstances. It really wasn't the best weather for a walking tour of Shakespeare's birthplace, so he just gave us time to look around the place, then drove us around the most interesting spots in the area related to Shakespeare. We were able to do a bit of walking tour around the Cotswolds and Oxford. Chris also told us the great places we could get good food in the Cotswolds, and that nice hole-in-the wall tavern in Oxford.:) He knew a lot about all the places and he always made an effort to make sure that all the people in the tour could hear all the things that he knew about these places. When we go back to London another time, we'd probably book a tour with The English Bus. I really wish he had more tours available within the week, and not just the weekends. But five stars though, for I had a good time!:)

1  Thank nurikoryen