Having seen this B&B ranked near the top of the TripAdvisor index, we had high expectations which were easily exceeded. The B&B is in an charming old building and has been renovated extensively to provide all the modern comforts. The rooms are large and clean, with fluffy carpets and bright lights that can also be dimmed down. The room we had facing the garden was extremely quiet. Lock the windows, and you got complete silence. The bathroom was huge with a powerful shower. Rooms are made every 2-3 days but if you have specific requests they are happy to try to accommodate them. Breakfast in a buffet style is served by the charming housekeeper Inga, who makes great coffee. Sian the owner was usually around at breakfast time to help the guests with sightseeing and other advise. Sian gives excellent advise on neighborhood restaurants. The Indian restaurant she recommended was so good that we just continued visiting eateries on her list: Thai, gastro pub, traditional pub..., they were all great! The place is just a minute from the Kennington tube station on the Northern Line, which is actually two lines in one. One branch runs through the heart of city center: Charing Cross, Leicester Square etc. , while the other branch goes west to London Bridge and Bank. So it is convenient to visit both the western and eastern sides of central London. On a map this B&B may not seem the most central but because of the great tube connections and the proximity to the station, this place is probably more convenient than most hotels that are located in the center but have more than a few minutes walk form a tube station. The B&B does not display any signs, so it may be better to have a mobile phone to ring the owner once you reach the neighborhood, or take a cab the first time because London cab drivers know every street address. We loved the place so much that we have already booked for a longer stay next year. We are looking forward to going down Sian's list of restaurants further and enjoying London like a local.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Family run, Boutique B & B in a beautifully restored Grade II listed Georgian House built in 1786. Situated just 50 metres from Kennington tube station, our B & B is only minutes from Central London and all the City has to offer. All our rooms have original fireplaces, corniced ceilings, original Georgian shutters and cast iron radiators. 400 thread count Egyptian cotton bed linen. Free wifi and telephone. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your Kennington B & B reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kennington Hotel London
- Kennington Bed And Breakfast
- Kennington B & B London, England