“Delightful”

Peyton and Byrne
Neighborhood: Bloomsbury
Neighborhood: Bloomsbury
Reviewed April 8, 2013

So pleased to find this wonderful cafe located in the Wellcome Collection. So inviting, bright and modern! The choices were many. We enjoyed soup, a pie and 2 wonderful salads: parsnip and beet. Treacle tart for dessert. Concluded with a visit to the adjacent gift/book shop. It made for a perfect day as it was snowing outdoors!

Reviewed February 15, 2013

A great cafe. Lovely coffee, good muffins, comfortable, well-furnished and a fantastically convenient location. Plus the attractions fo the gallery and the shop. What could be better?

Reviewed December 9, 2012

The pear chocolate tart is one of the best desserts I've ever had. And I've had MANY! And I don't usually like tarts or chocolate paired with fruit! Fabulous, wish I could have the recipe.

1  Thank thedollymama
Reviewed October 3, 2012

I'm probably being incredibly silly when I say this place does the best cakes in London. Take that how you will but understand I have been brainwashed, befuddled even by the baking capacity of this seemingly very small chain. My girlfriend took me for a 'spot of lunch' about 4 months ago and I wasn't that impressed with the sandwiches, fairly mediocre but I then ate something that changed my perspective of sweet things, forever. A Hazelnut and Chocolate Muffin, the weight of the thing is something that shocks you at first and will probably cause considerable damage if thrown, open it up and you're led into a world of taste luxury and obsession. I'm kind of ashamed to say that I've traveled across London from Bank to purchase one and it's ongoing relationship that I won't be rid of anytime soon. I've labelled this place excellent and I'm sorry to all those who have noticed that I've already said the sandwiches were fairly average but when you find something so incredibly amazing it needs the recognition it deserves. I'm currently typing this review in Ealing and the pangs for one of those muffins have already started. I think, I might just have to go and grab my coat.

Reviewed September 22, 2012

Well positioned at front of museum - excellent coffee - open space layout between bookshop and entrance.