“Top 3 memories of our trip to London” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of BrakeAway Bike Tours

BrakeAway Bike Tours
Ranked #3 of 183 Outdoor Activities in London
More attraction details
Owner description: With BRAKEAWAY BIKE TOURS you’ll see more in a few hours than most see in a few days. We pride ourselves on being a smaller company, with local tour guides, who limit the size of the groups so that you are always involved and remain safe at all times. So, come discover the real London, as we tell you tales about sites that breathe life into the history of one of the greatest cities worldwide.
Rochester, Minnesota
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Top 3 memories of our trip to London”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2014

Even though it was cold and rainy the bike trip was one of our top 3 memories of our trip to London. Our only problem was that we didn't book early enough and took the trip after we were in London 3 days. I would book this early in my trip to get personal information about the inner city area. Then go back to the areas we went through. The bikes were excellent for cruising. All the safety equipment was provided. We stopped for 30 min. in an interesting area we would never have found. Nice Job Chris.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Orlando Florida USA
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“What a Wonderful way to see London!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2014

I booked this trip last minute right before we left Orlando for London, and I am so glad I did. It was a wonderful way to see London. We were so tired of catching the underground, sorting out bus routes and walking -- that touring on a bike was a very welcome change.

Chris was an awesome and thoughtful guide, a nice sense of humor, and knowledgeable about little tidbits of London info in the Secret Tour. My kids (14 and 11), loved biking through the streets of London - and my son, who had nothing but complaints about touring "old" Europe had a great time and I didn't hear a peep of complaint out of him. We even got all 4 seasons of London (including Hail!!!) in the 3 hour bike ride :-)

I HIGHLY recommend this trip! If we ever find ourselves in London again, I will make sure to book the Grand London Tour early - so we don't run out of space.

Merselo, Limburg, Netherlands
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great day with a Spurs - guide”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2014

We did this tour one day before my son and I went to the game Arsenal - Manchester City. Soon after start, we discovered that Chris, our guide, was a fanatic Spurs fan, which made that we had a lot of talking about football and our favourite teams in England and Holland. In between he had a lot of interesting stories about the places we came along, which are not the regular tourist spots, but more unknown places. This makes it quite interesting, and if you challenge Chris with some questions and show interest, you get an interactive tour. We enjoyed our tour very much and we had a lot of fun with Chris, who we wish lots of success with his team Tottenham Hotspur and we hope they will qualify someday for the Champions League. Peter (Feyenoord) and Tim (PSV).

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Favorite Afternoon in London”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2014

We did the Secret London Tour over spring break with our 10 year old son. We had a wonderful time discovering out-of-the-way places away from the crowds. Chris, our guide, gave us great restaurant & pub recommendations as well. Had we had the time, we would have done another one. Put this on your "must do" list!

Wels, Austria
“Really well organised and loads of fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2014

I've done bike tours in London and other cities already, and I have to say that Chris is really very well organised. The booking is well structured and you receive a confirmation immediately. The meeting point was easy to find. Bikes were great. All new and well maintenanced. I was rather chuffed with the ladies' basket at the front for my handbag! Chris provided interesting facts and some really funny comments to go with them. Everyone in the group (from kids to some "oldies") was able to keep up nicely, and we all got to see the sights without killing our feet! Can really recommend it!