“A fab way to see some of London”

BrakeAway Bike Tours
Ranked #3 of 204 Outdoor Activities in London
More attraction details
Owner description: With BRAKEAWAY BIKE TOURS you’ll see more in a few hours than most see in a few days. We pride ourselves on being a smaller company, with local tour guides, who limit the size of the groups so that you are always involved and remain safe at all times. So, come discover the real London, as we tell you tales about sites that breathe life into the history of one of the greatest cities worldwide.
Reviewed March 3, 2014

I would highly recommend this bike tour. It would suit both a first time and more frequent visitor to London. It was not my first visit but I only had one day this time, so I wanted to see London from a different angle. The bikes were very comfortable and in great condition. Meeting the group at Waterloo station was so convenient. Chris, our guide was very friendly and interesting and he seamlessly made sure we were all safe and having fun as we rode along.Don't be afraid of biking in London. It was very safe and I never felt in danger. I would suggest spending perhaps 45 mins at Convent Garden. I had some last minute shopping to do! Really a lot of fun. Thanks Chris!

There are newer reviews for BrakeAway Bike Tours

Reviewed March 3, 2014 via mobile

I would highly recommend Brakeaway bike tours and Chris the tourguide. Such a fab enjoyable way to get round London and see the sites. The bikes were comfy and helmets provided. Anyone thinking of doing this with kids who can ride a bike will love it. My 7 year old son did it who's only recently learnt to ride his bike. He cycled for 3 and a half hours and never moaned once! I had all on keeping up with him as he was charging to the front always trying to keep up with Chris the tour guide. Chris is a nice guy who knows he's stuff about London's history and I certainly learnt a few things from him. Next time I'm in London I'll def do another bike tour with Chris and brakeaway bikes, I would highly recommend this company and will be using them again.

1  Thank Lagainya17
Reviewed February 27, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I took the Grand London Tour on our first full day of our honeymoon in the UK.
Chris was a great guide who was a real book of knowledge and an all round great guy!
I would definately recommend BrakeAway, infact we are hoping to do the London Secrets Tour if we get time!
Cheers Chris!

2  Thank Ben D
Reviewed February 26, 2014

It was a wet, dreary morning in London town when we decided to brave the weather and go on a bike tour. Best idea ever! The brakeaway bike tour is an easy ride around town and our guide Chris was full of quirky little facts. Even after living in London for a couple of years we discovered a hidden depth of art, history and culture. Highly recommended for those who only have a few hours in London or even Londoners themselves. Would definitely do it again!!

1  Thank Bella A
Reviewed February 25, 2014

Had a wonderful experience exploring "Secret London" with Chris. Late February and the London weather was really nice, mostly sunny with a few clouds. 3 hours cycling around town on "cruiser" bikes (took a few minutes getting used to after my trusty Marin). Why were stock brokesr banished from the early Stock Exchange and what does that have to do with coffee? Why is a London skyscraper oddly shaped and what does that have to do with St Paul's Cathedral? Where do all the awards on the Bangladesh cuisine restaurants on Brick Lane come from? Where can you take grafitti lessons? Chris was a great guide and I had a really nice time!

1  Thank Ivo S