“Tour de London - with Brake Away Bikes”

BrakeAway Bike Tours
Ranked #3 of 203 Outdoor Activities in London
More attraction details
Owner description: With BRAKEAWAY BIKE TOURS you’ll see more in a few hours than most see in a few days. We pride ourselves on being a smaller company, with local tour guides, who limit the size of the groups so that you are always involved and remain safe at all times. So, come discover the real London, as we tell you tales about sites that breathe life into the history of one of the greatest cities worldwide.
Reviewed September 11, 2013

The peloton formed on Sunday in August for a 3 hour tour (3 hour tour I've heard that phrase somewhere before) at Waterloo and proceeded to the Bankse Tunnel to select our mounts. Mike, tour leader, began with a safety instructions and description of our route. London Eye, Houses of Parliament, Westminster, Buckingham Palace, Trafalgar Square, Covent Garden, through the Inns of Court across the Millennium Bridge past the Tate Modern and back to Waterloo. A wonderful way to see central London - I've done the walking and bus tours and found this a great alternative. I'll do it again and try one of their other routes

THE FACTS: 5 speed cruiser bikes, helmets provided, rest stop at Covent Garden, no major hills, Weekend tours has fewer cars, but more people.

Have a great ride

There are newer reviews for BrakeAway Bike Tours

Reviewed September 11, 2013

I was able to do both the Secret and Grand London tours and both were fantastic. Chris and Craig were excellent guides, keeping the day light, humorous and informative. I would highly recommend BrakeAway Bike Tours to anyone who wants to see London from a different perspective. Thanks again Chris and Craig!

Reviewed September 11, 2013

My wife and I have travelled to many places in the world and have taken tours with a variety of companies. We both agree that this is one of the best tours we have ever had and that Greg was one of the best guides we have seen. I would recommend this tour to anyone who wants a good look at London with great explanations of the history of the city and how some of the common English phrases we use came into being.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

Having been to central London lots of times I have really been looking for new adventures. By coincidence we ended up in a tunnel in Waterloo as a starting point of a bicycle trip with BABT. Advance skepticism has saved many previous events from completely disaster was my first thought, but it proved to be one of my best experiences ever in the nicest capitol in Europe.
Thanks to great bicycles, nice selected route on the outskirts of the most crowded tourist areas,neatly tied together by a great guide (thanks Chris).

Terje (Terry) Skogen

Reviewed September 10, 2013

I was on vacation in London for about a week. I'd been to the city before and had done a double decker bus tour but this time I wanted to see the city differently. I booked a tour with BrakeAway and it ended up being one of the highlights of my trip. Cycling through the city is a great way to see it because you not only pass by the sites, you get to venture into them. For example, we got to go through the grounds at Westminster School rather than just pass by the campus.

I also found the tour to be a good mix of the more touristy stuff (Houses of Parliament, Westminster Abbey, Trafalgar Square) but also some interesting and perhaps lesser known historical sites as well. All of it very interesting.

I would highly recommend brakeaway tours for anyone thinking of ways to see the city. Brakeaway offers two different tours: the Grand and the Secret. I will be doing the Secret tour next time I'm in London!