BrakeAway Bike Tours
Ranked #3 of 208 Outdoor Activities in London
More attraction details
Owner description: With BRAKEAWAY BIKE TOURS you’ll see more in a few hours than most see in a few days. We pride ourselves on being a smaller company, with local tour guides, who limit the size of the groups so that you are always involved and remain safe at all times. So, come discover the real London, as we tell you tales about sites that breathe life into the history of one of the greatest cities worldwide.
Reviewed April 18, 2013

What a great way to see such a historical city. Chris really made our tour enjoyable with all his information and jokes. I enjoyed getting to see sites you wouldn't see on a regular tour. I was so entertained that I forgot the fact that it was snowing!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,283)

Reviewed April 12, 2013

We had a fun time riding through London with our knowledgeable guide, Chris and another family of four. My wife, our 13 year old daughter, our 10 year old son and I were entertained by his interesting facts and stories. The bikes were new, comfortable and the ride was easy. Our son said it was his favorite part of our trip. It was the perfect way to experience the sights and sounds of London in a short amount of time. We highly recommend this tour.

1  Thank MJNBfamily
Reviewed April 12, 2013

What an interesting (and exciting) way to see London's top sightseeing attractions! On our bikes we went - navigating through crowded sidewalks, narrow back lanes, across busy streets and trafficky thoroughfares - and we thoroughly enjoyed the experience. I was surprised how safe London is to cycle in; and all the wonderful sights and sounds come across in a whole new way, even if you have "been there, seen that".

March 27th, 2013 was a cold forbidding day (more akin to winter temperatures than spring) and windy as well. But our friendly guide, Chris, made up for it with his warmth and the 3.5 hour expedition turned out really fun. It was also a nice family bonding activity. My husband, daughter and myself had a great time, and some wonderful pictures to show for it.

I highly recommend this tour for anyone who wants to see London's best sights from a different perspective. All you need to bring is yourself, a camera and lots of enthusiasm. Don't worry if you're fit enough or not; in addition to the many sightseeing stops along the way, there's also a half hour coffee break. If you can cycle, you can do it! So, go for it!

Reviewed April 11, 2013

Did the Secret London tour and enjoyed it thoroughly. The guide is very knowledgeable and accommodating and always watches out for his group when on the road. The bicycles are solid and very well maintained and helmets are available. We had a real mix of people and nationalities on our tour - a couple with children, solos, honeymooners, myself, my adult daughter and nephew (who lives in London) among them and everyone throughly enjoyed themselves while learning a lot of interesting history about London. Just going into the bike locker and enjoying the graffiti in the tunnel was worth it! Highly recommended!

Reviewed April 11, 2013

I used to live in London when I was young but I never got to get acquainted with the place the way I did today. It was a great way to look around the key sights in London, and our friendly guide Chris was a great companion for all of us as well. Highly recommended for anyone not knowing where to start when visiting London. It's nice exercise as well, and breezing through the streets of London on a bike I'm sure will be an experience you won't forget for a long time.