“Great way to see London”

BrakeAway Bike Tours
Ranked #3 of 208 Outdoor Activities in London
More attraction details
Owner description: With BRAKEAWAY BIKE TOURS you’ll see more in a few hours than most see in a few days. We pride ourselves on being a smaller company, with local tour guides, who limit the size of the groups so that you are always involved and remain safe at all times. So, come discover the real London, as we tell you tales about sites that breathe life into the history of one of the greatest cities worldwide.
Reviewed October 28, 2012

I really enjoyed seeing London by bicycle. It was a fun, easy way to get around town and Chris was a fantastic guide. My girlfriend and I took the Secret London tour and were really pleased with the experience. I was a little nervous when Chris led us down to the Banksy Tunnel to get our bikes (poorly lit tunnel with floor to ceiling street art), but it turned out to be fine and some of the art was really impressive. I think most of the other reviews have said it all, but I'd definitely recommend this tour for everyone, especially those that have seen all of the tourist sites.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,283)

Reviewed October 26, 2012

Thanks to Chris for such a great bike tour! He was very informative and fun! My husband had to have an unscheduled surgery right before we left for this trip and in corresponding this to Chris he stayed close in touch with me and was willing to accommodate us in any way he could. As it worked out we were able to go ahead with the tour and were glad we did! This was a very nice way to see the city as we had only done walking tours in the past and we were able to cover a lot more ground this way.

Reviewed October 26, 2012

The bike tour was great! Chris was very knowledgeable, friendly and made sure that everyone was safe. He also gave us valuable tips to get the most of the sightseeing we did. The tour totally lived up to my expectations given it's excellent rating on Trip Advisor. Highly recommended!

Reviewed October 26, 2012

Our guide Chris did an outstanding job of shepherding us through the city, taking us to sights we hadn't seen on previous visits, and may not ever have found. London is a city of monuments, historical sights, modern architecture, cozy alleys clogged with people, and streets filled with taxis and double decker buses. On this ride we wove through marketplaces, down side streets, and along one of the canals to see everything advertised for the Hidden London tour and then some. The bikes were sturdy and comfortable, and we were given the option of wearing a helmet. At each stop Chris provided historical context in a witty, knowledgeable manner. This tour was the highlight of our London/Paris vacation. Seeing the city--whether for the first time or the fifth time--on a bicycle provides a different perspective, and I highly recommend BrakeAway Bike Tours as a means of doing this. I look forward to riding on one of their other tours the next time we're in London.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

Chris was an excellent guide. Knowledgeable and friendly (he even offer to take your pic in front of the sites). If you are interested in doing a bike tour in London I highly recommend Brake Away.