“Very nice bike tour!”

BrakeAway Bike Tours
Ranked #3 of 190 Outdoor Activities in London
More attraction details
Owner description: With BRAKEAWAY BIKE TOURS you’ll see more in a few hours than most see in a few days. We pride ourselves on being a smaller company, with local tour guides, who limit the size of the groups so that you are always involved and remain safe at all times. So, come discover the real London, as we tell you tales about sites that breathe life into the history of one of the greatest cities worldwide.
Montreal, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Very nice bike tour!”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Chris, thank you for sharing your London secrets with us.
It was very nice to see the city on bikes.
One lovely adventure we can recommend to all our friends.

1 Thank dewymeadow

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“One of the best ways to see London”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

My husband and I did this tour in early September. It was fun & one of the best parts of our trip to London. The bikes were in good condition and easy to ride. Helmets were provided upon request (I wore one). Our tour guide Chris was very acknowledgeable, funny and nice. We saw all of the popular spots (Big Ben, Westminister Abbey, House of Parliament, etc.), but also saw a lot of other interesting spots around the city that would normally be out of the way or hard to walk...
I loved his stories and interesting tidbits about each place. He took great pics of us as well! I was initially very nervous about riding a bike in London, but this ride was exhilarating and fun! The bike ride itself is not very strenuous - it shouldn't be a problem for those who are not physically active.
I would highly recommend this tour - it's a great way to see London & other quaint, interesting places.

Chicago, Illinois, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great way to see the city”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

A very enjoyable way to see my favorite city. I had been in London for 2 weeks and I wanted a more off -the-beaten-track tour since I had seen all the hot spots already. We rode mostly through "the city" or business district which I hadn't been to yet and seeing it by bike was the perfect way. We covered a lot of ground in 3 hours but it only felt like 40 min. Wish I could have done the other tour as well since it was so much fun. Our guide Chris was careful to keep everyone safe and went at a very easy pace. He was knowledgeable, friendly and very easy to talk to. I highly recommend this to anyone as it became one of my favorite experiences of my trip.

1 Thank Karen N
Sarnia, Ontario, Canada
“Excellent tour of London on a bike”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

One of the best ways to tour the streets of London. The tour guide (Chris) is extremely knowledgeable and shared lots of stories and his insight along the way which made for a really great experience along with other tourists. Highly recommended!

Traverse City, Michigan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Out of the Ordinary”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

After 3 weeks of driving around Scotland and England, the last thing we wanted to do in London, our final stop, was get on a bus or drive around in our car. Not having been to this great city ever before, we also were curious about how to take it all in without wasting time, or getting lost. Enter Brake Away Bike Tours and our fearless leader, Chris. We met at the Waterloo Train Station between Platform 1 and 2 ( a little Harry Potter-ish don't ya think?) and followed Chris to nearby tunnel loaded with graffiti ( some very professional, all very artistic and compelling- never would have seen this in a million years on our own) where Chris unlocked an invisible door door behind which were all the bicycles we'd be using on our tour. There were 10 of us, so a very nice size group to hang with. After fitting and adjusting each bike to its' rider, Chris determined that we did indeed wish to see the changing of the guard at Buckingham Palace, so he made adjustments to his schedule for us to be on time for that- and then we were off. To say that biking around a city such as London was exhillerating would be an understatement. We scooted by traffic and the hoardes, and stopped briefly at a multitude of sights ( some famous, i.e. Westminister Abbey and St. Paul's-- others obscure-i.e. the tailor shop where all the royal robes are made and wigs for the barristers and judges adorn the windows), taking a 15 minute break at Covent Gardens, where all the sights are entertaining and Chris could point us to some good spots for refreshments. The whole tour was low key and unobtrusive. Our bikes were comfortable & unmarked with any type of advertisement, helmets were optional (we opted for them), and we did not have to wear any glaring apparell advertising the bike tour, unlike other groups I saw when out and about. Chris was friendly and knowledgeable, as others have said, but he also tried to spend a little time with each member of the group, getting to know where they were from and what there experiences were. I can't imagine a better way to get an overview of the city of London. Highly recommended!