“Sadly, the other reviews are accurate.”

Chillies Restaurant
Ranked #6,890 of 23,009 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Scenic view, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Spitalfields
London, United Kingdom
“Sadly, the other reviews are accurate.”
Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

I have been to a lot of the restaurants on brick lane, and unfortunately this is the worst. I came here at the end of October last year with a group of friends after working on a project together. We fell into the same trap as one or two of the other reviewers which was the advertisment for 3 courses at £10. Sounds too good to be true? It is. After I had eaten my below average quality food and small portion sizes and half a poppadom, my group were presented with a massive built. Now we were a group of 15 or so, so I wasn't entirely sure why we were being charged £30.00 at least for poppadums alone. Apparently you have to ask for a seperate menu if you want the £10.00 deal. A menu, I would like to add, we were never at any point offered. We managed to argue our point and had the service charge (what service?) removed and a reduction in our bill. With poor service, inadequate decor and sub-standard quality food, I concur with the other reviews and that the owners and managers need to seriously address their lack of professionalism. Hopefully you as a customer have done your research and have had a look at some of the other, much better restaurants that Brick Lane has to offer. Take my advice, give it a miss and enjoy yourself elsewhere.

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Watch out for extra charges!!”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

The food was okay, but nothing special. Watch out for the hidden charges! The offers they make you to get you into the place aren't all they seem. They add on loads of other things, so that it turned out to be quite expensive for what it was.

The service was also poor and borderline unfriendly.

Can't recommend this place and certainly won't be back.

Visited February 2013
Hertfordshire UK
“Nice food!”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

We stopped off here on our way back home to liverpool st station.... The food was nice, a slightly different take on some indian cuisine we had before. Chapati freshly made, i had chicken passanda which was nice too my husband had a madras and he thought was very good, a nice heat to it. The keema naan was a flat bread not a huge puffy bread that is filling. Prices are reasonable. Service was pleasant, no hassle.The only worry were the toilets, really not good at all, really need a clean and a fresh look. actually compare them to toilets facilities similar in india..... Overall we liked this restaurant for an authentic Bangladesh meal.

• Visited February 2013
“What a liberty”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Well it all started when the dopey man forgot to give us our menu, then they rudely reoccupied us (mid chat) while we were happily seated. Moved us next to these loud snobs who I wanted to physically clout with my fists. Food was average. Onion barjees were blaitently microwaved. Then came the bill, wellllll I nearly chocked on my tongue (and it wernt on the complimentary mints..because there wernt any) just some steaming hot towels. They charged us... No wait for it... They charged us 3.50 for the water which may I add was below room temparture. I had a heart palpitation - I called the skivvies over and ordered an explanation. He said look ok you won't have to pay the service charge - I thought you cheek I wernt gna blooming pay that anyway. Well we left fuming! Taccy decorations scattered round the room , cheap food, appalling service , lets put it this way if I have the two-bob-bits later this place is going down !!!!!!!!!!!!!

London, United Kingdom
“rubbish food, useless waiters, DUMP.”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Our food was tiny and the staff were very rude...ending up getting sides which cost a hell of a lot, the owners need to take a long hard look at this place and sort it out.

Would never go here again.

• Visited January 2013