“Layover Tour”

London Tours by Taxi
Ranked #6 of 751 Tours in London
More attraction details
Owner description: Website: londontoursbytaxi.com. email:londontoursbytaxi@gmail.com See London and its hidden treasures with a guide who knows London first hand. I am a London licensed black taxi driver and qualified City of London as well as a Black Taxi Guide. There are many sightseeing tours to choose from on the website, including half day and All Day VIP Tours of London, tours to Oxford/Cambridge/Bath/Stonehenge/Windsor/Hampton Court as well as tours to our beautiful Essex, Suffolk and Kent villages. I also offer celebration tours and can arrange balloons/banners/champagne etc. My very latest London black taxi has full air-con, wheelchair access and can take up to 6 passengers comfortably. Please note, all prices quoted are for the tour and I can take up to 6 passengers.
Reviewed January 12, 2014

Wonderful tour between flights. Perfect way for my kids to see a bit of London on their very first trip to Europe. Very informative, friendly and patient with 6 very tired passengers.

2  Thank ShellyLacroix
in 9 reviews
"four hours"
in 13 reviews

Reviewed January 12, 2014

We four family members enjoyed an excellent tour with an outstanding guide...Adrian Rouse...during the week between Christmas and New Year's. It was the first time in London for my 91 year old mother and one of my sisters, while the other two of us had visited previously. The day was dry and sunny...a bonus, to say the least. But the very best part was Adrian himself, who
provided history and insight as well as humorous stories throughout the four hour tour. Adrian is
professional and personable and we enjoyed him and our tour thoroughly. Looking forward to
a return trip!

1  Thank Carol P
Reviewed January 6, 2014

My husband and two college-age daughters were in London for a three days during New Year's. As my family had never been to London and we had limited time, I booked a half day tour with Adrian so that we could get a good feel for the City. Adrian is an outstanding guide. He is extremely knowledgeable, he presents information clearly and has a wonderful sense of humor. He really listened to what we wanted and designed a tour that absolutely suited our needs. There was a good balance between driving around and then getting out to see things. We would never have seen all the things we saw or learned as much on our own or with a big group. While more expensive than other options, it is well worth it. The only drawback was the bad weather-- cold and rainy though typical for London. I highly recommend Adrian and would book another tour for my next visit. Thank you for a great experience.

1  Thank Liz W
Reviewed January 4, 2014

Had a super long layover at Heathrow, so arranged for Adrian to take my daughters and I on a 3 hour tour of London. He was extremely friendly, informative and interesting. Since he drives a taxi, he is able to stop and park in places where others cannot so we were able to get out of the car to take pictures. His car was large and comfortable. Great trip!

See more reviews
Reviewed January 4, 2014

Arrived in London extremely early in the morning and wanted something to occupy us for a few hours as it was too early to check-in at our hotel. My sister had never been to London so I decided to contact Adrian for a private 2 hour taxi tour so that she could get acquainted with the city.

Adrian was extremely professional and very responsive to my emails beforehand, and he was right on time picking us up at our hotel. Adrian did a great job of showing us the major attractions and sharing his vast knowledge about the city. He was able to pull over pretty much anywhere and let us out of the cab to take photos. He even drove me to a Citibank ATM (which I desperately needed)! He timed the tour perfectly so that it ended when the changing of the guard was taking place and drove us to the perfect, uncrowded spot to view the musical marching band as it left toward the palace. He then even brought us to the palace so we could see the regiments arrive -- again, we did not have to fight the crowd -- he brought us to the perfect spot.

Adrian made us feel extremely comfortable, had a wonderful sense of humor, and even provided us with a recommendation (and a ride) to a nice place for lunch. I highly recommend Adrian's services. His tour was a fantastic way to get the lay of the city, make a plan as to what we wanted to go back to, and also cross a few things off our "must see" list. The tour was so nice and so personal. It was way better than doing any kind of bus tour -- well worth the money. Thank you, Adrian!!