Open today: 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Day in English Cotswald with Adrian

Reviewed 1 week ago
kathysT2791OQ
Sanford, United States
Exceeded our expectations. Top notch tour of London!!!

Jack R
San Antonio, Texas

All reviews hour tour adrian rouse london tour booked adrian private tour adrian's tour his knowledge buckingham palace great tour london highlights knew exactly where great sense of humor harry potter black cab christmas lights great overview highlight of our trip
Reviewed 1 week ago

Our day with Adrian completely met and exceeded every expectation. My husband and I were in London for several days and wanted to see some of the beautiful English countryside without having to drive ourselves and booked a day with Adrian. It was one of the best days of our vacation. Adrian is wonderful!! He is the perfect charming accommodating gentleman and he is full of fascinating information about the history of the area. He picked us up at our hotel in his new Mercedes taxi first thing in the morning and left us back in London near the theater where we were attending a show that evening with suggestions on where to have dinner. One of which we ate at and it was delicious. The villages we visited were delightfully quaint with such lovely little shops. When I realized how close we were passing to Blenheim Palace and expressed an interest in seeing it he accommodated and after purchasing tickets at the entrance to the estate literally dropped me at the front door of the Palace. For the day we truly felt like royalty with our private chauffer. I know that when we next come to London we will book another day with Adrian! Thank-you again Adrian for a beautiful day!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Andrew takes so much pride with his tours. You can actually feel how much he loves the city of London. My wife, my 3 year old daughter and my 73 year old father(first time in Europe) were picked up from our hotel in the center of the city by Andrew. From the very first moment we knew we were in great hands. The large car was clean and comfortable. Even though our flight was delayed Adrian still managed to take us to all the advertised sights and more. He even stopped so we could grab a fruit cup for my daughter who was getting hungry. Service with a smile for sure. If there is one tour to take by car in London it is this one. You will not be disappointed! Cheers Adrian..

Adrian R, Owner at London Tours by Taxi, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Hello Jack

Thank you so much for your wonderful review! I am only adding this comment to clear up any misunderstading with people reading the review, it is intended for me (Adrian) and you do correct the name later on in your review.

I really appreciate you taking the time to write this for me and thoroughly enjoyed showing you all some of this great city. Thank you again!

Adrian

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We had an afternoon free London and wanted to see the city while avoiding the big crowds, tourists and buses. The "Hidden London" 3 hour tour by London Tours by Taxi was absolutely ideal. Adrian met us at a central location and we spent the next three hours experiencing the hidden gems, stories and details that only a Londoner would know. We got to know much of London's nteresting history - and a few bits of legend (old and new) - from Roman London through virtually ever century since, stopping and getting out a particularly interesting places. Thoughout, Adrian was a genial and knowledgable host - funny, courteous and deeply informed about the places and history he was able to show us. At the end of the trip he dropped us at our hotel - tired but filled with great stories and sights of a London few other visitors get to see. Highly recommend this.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My family and I took a 4 hour tour with Adrian 10 days ago and it was fantastic. He customized the tour for London sights that interested us and was very knowledgeable about every site we visited on the tour. Adrian was also very helpful in answering general questions we had about visiting London. We loved the fact that we parked throughout the tour and walked around different areas. I would highly recommend that anyone visiting London book a tour with Adrian early in the visit.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The wonderful and thoughtful experience started well before we arrived to London. After receiving a glowing recommendation to tour with Adrian, we communicated via email (very responsive to all my questions) - with his experience, Adrian knew to recommend the best time for us. We were debating between the afternoon of our arrival or the following morning - we did the following morning which sure worked out great since he knew we would be so tired for our transatlantic flight.

The day of our tour was the first full day of our honeymoon and it could not have started off better! We were picked up promptly by Adrian at our hotel - the black car was immaculately clean and very spacious (and there was plenty of room for our luggage as well). Before we departed, we discussed with him the sites we had already visited the day before and he was very good about making sure we spent our three (3) hours not seeing anything we already checked off our list.

My vision for this tour was that we would be driving past many of the different sites, but our tour was much more than this! We actually were able to get our of the vehicle and spend some time at the sites of our choosing - all this was along with Adrian's wonderful knowledge and history of everything London. My wife was trying to relate some of the historical figures back to some of the current TV's/movie's (The Crown, etc.) and Adrian was up to speed all on all of them.

A couple of other fantastic touches:
- It was a true London day with rain for the first 45-60 minutes of the tour; however, Adrian had umbrellas ready for us and did not impede anything we were doing.
- The friend who initially recommended Adrian to us reached out to him and had champagne waiting for us in the car.

At the completion of the tour, we were dropped off near Victoria Station so that we could take the train to Gatwick Airport - Adrian had an absolute perfect pub where he left us so we could get a pub-style lunch and a couple of pints before we left town.

The three (3) hour tour was a great length for our introduction to London but could have easily spent the entire day exploring more of the city and listening to Adrian's informative and person descriptions of all things London. We look forward to a return trip to London so we can see Adrian again and explore more that the city has to offer.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

How do you spell perfection - ADRIAN and London Tours by Taxi!
This is the second time we have used Adrian in the last year and a half. He is very flexible on scheduling tours and what you would want to see and do.
This time we were a party of 2 seniors. We spent a day at Windsor Castle and a day at Hampton Court. Adrian was very kind and tailored the tours to our walking abilities. He was good at getting us very close to the sites. He was able to arrange for us to use the elevator to avoid using the stairs. His knowledge of English history is impeccable. You will have a great time with Adrian and enjoy the sights at your own pace. Don’t hesitate to book with Adrian.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My wife and i have been to London in the past and have seen all the regular places. Adrian took us to his secret and hidden tour places which we thoroughly enjoyed. First he is a delight. Picked us up at our hotel and brought us back - super easy. The tour itself was so much fun. We would have never found any of the places he took us to. Best tour w have had in ages. Than you sir.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We spent an entire day with David, and what a plus to see London this way,with such a knowledgeable and fun person! We learned many memorable things, and were able to see the things that we wanted to go back to see on our own in our short London stay..The Taxi was so comfortable, and the day was sunny and beautiful!

Adrian R, Owner at London Tours by Taxi, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hello Mary

Thank you for submitting your review to London Tours by Taxi. I am really pleased you enjoyed your tour. However, this review is posted to the wrong listing. This review belongs to Black Taxi Tours of London. I will contact Tripadvisor in order to get the review posted to the correct listing.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

On our first trip to London we hired Adrian and so glad we did so. He customized the trip for places we wanted to see and suggested locations we were not aware of and were just as interesting. He certainly knows the back roads to maneuver through traffic while driving safely. He is knowledgeable and friendly. We had a full days tour and could not believe how many places we saw and visited in that time. I highly recommend any tours offered by Adrian to get the full and best experience while in London.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

With a very short time in London, I wanted to make the most of the time I had.

This tour was way above expectations.

Booking was very efficient. Adrian was quick to confirm availability and get reservations. Booked a four hour tour with a drop of at the train station for onward travel. Communications and confirmations were clear and concise.

He very promptly picked us up from the lobby of our hotel on the morning of the tour and got us and our luggage loaded into his spotless (and very new) cab. During that process he began making sure that he was clear on what we wanted to see, so that he could make sure we had the opportunity to see things on our priority list. (and he covered them all and lots more)

The entire day was great. Adrian is a wealth of knowledge and quite fun! He was able to organize our day to make the most of our limited time in the city. He seemed to know exactly where to stop to get perfect pictures. We were able get some lovely pictures and truly saw the highlights of London. We enjoyed being immersed in British History and also the current events in the UK. It was really the perfect day tour,

At the end of the tour Adrian dropped us and our luggage off at the train station. Sadly the day had to come to an end, and we had a train to catch.

I will definitely book another tour with him when travels bring me back to the area.