“Adrian Rocks!”

London Tours by Taxi
Ranked #8 of 807 Tours in London
More attraction details
Owner description: See London and its hidden treasures with a guide who knows London first hand. I am a London licensed black taxi driver and qualified City of London as well as a Black Taxi Guide. There are many sightseeing tours to choose from on the website, including half day and All Day VIP Tours of London, tours to Oxford/Cambridge/Bath/Stonehenge/Windsor/Hampton Court as well as tours to our beautiful Essex, Suffolk and Kent villages. I also offer celebration tours and can arrange balloons/banners/champagne etc. My very latest London black taxi has full air-con, wheelchair access and can take up to 6 passengers comfortably. Please note, all prices quoted are for the tour and I can take up to 6 passengers.
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Since my sister and I were visiting London for the first time, we wanted to book a tour that would take us to all the highlights of the city. Not interested in going on a big bus tour of the sights, I luckily found Adrian’s website after some research of private taxi tours here on Trip Advisor. After reaching out to him via email a couple of weeks before my trip, he quickly responded; we firmed up a date and that was that. He followed up a few days before to confirm and arrived to pick us up at our hotel promptly at our agreed upon time.
With a plan in place to see Buckingham Palace, Big Ben, etc., once Adrian found out that my sister and I were also music fans, he added in a few stops at some landmarks he thought we would enjoy (Abbey Road!!). The tour was a combo of driving around the city and walking to get a closer look at some locations. His interesting mix of historical info and fun anecdotes just added to the entire experience.
The cab was very roomy and also very clean (unlike the taxis here in NYC!). In my opinion, Adrian's tour is the only way to see the city! It was definitely a highlight of our trip!!

All reviews
in 10 reviews
"highlight of our trip"
in 12 reviews

Reviewed July 22, 2013

I took a four hour tour with my friend and our two 17-year-old daughters. Adrian was not available so he recommended his friend Martin. I don't normally do organized tours because it seems as if the guides are either annoyingly enthusiastic or just tell you the same things you could read in any guide book. I decided to make an exception this time though because my friend and her daughter had never been to London and I thought a general overview tour would be a good way for them to see the sights of London. I didn't know what to expect exactly but Martin was absolutely fantastic.

Martin was waiting for us when we cam down from our hotel at the appointed time. He was very professional, introduced himself, and he remembered all our names for the duration of the tour. He took us to the major places, Westminster, Buckingham, Tower of London, etc. but also to several out of the way places I never would have thought to visit. His knowledge of London history was astounding. I have been to London on several occasions and I learned so much from Martin. My daughter requested he take us to a spot she had seen on a previous trip and loved and he happily obliged. The four hours flew by--we all could have easily enjoyed another four hours.

Whether you are a first time visitor to London or a seasoned traveler, do yourself a favor and book a private tour. The price is very reasonable and you will be much more pleased than you will be with the double decker bus tours which are absolutely miserable. I plan to book another tour the next time we visit London and I am already looking forward to what I will see and learn next time. You will feel as if you've made a new friend by the end of the tour!

1  Thank Jana M
Reviewed July 22, 2013

My fiances parents just visited us from Zimbabwe for the first time and as her father is in a wheelchair the traditional bus tour or using the tube weren't really an option when showing them around London. We came across Adrian's website and thought it fitted the bill perfectly; we weren't disappointed! Adrian not only knew the best routes around the main sights but also tailored the tour based on our requests. He was very knowledgable on all aspects of the capital and stopped off at all the best photo spots so we got some great memories of the day. We did the 3 hour tour.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

We took an 8 hours tour - our first time in London. Adrian was the ultimate guide who not only knew all the ins + outs of the city (and how to avoid traffic jams) but had an extensive knowledge of all the sites we visited. We made a few personal requests and Adrian was quick to incorporate them into our tour. He was dressed professionally, was charming and had a great sense of humor. His taxi was brand new (Mercedes) and air-conditioned which was great on a hot day. I could not say more about the experience - it made our stay!!!

See more reviews
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Although this was a six hour tour, not one second was a bore. I feel confident stating that I am vastly more informed on the history of London, its geography and its many well-kept secrets. Adrian was very kind and considerate, taking our personal requests and incorporating them into the tour. His sense of humor and delightful personality brightened the tour and made it enjoyable for myself, my husband, my daughter and my son. I would recommend this tour to any who seek an exception tour of London from its rich culture to its ghoulish past to the filming sites of Harry Potter.