“Fun evening tour with Adrian”

London Tours by Taxi
Ranked #6 of 751 Tours in London
More attraction details
Owner description: Website: londontoursbytaxi.com. email:londontoursbytaxi@gmail.com See London and its hidden treasures with a guide who knows London first hand. I am a London licensed black taxi driver and qualified City of London as well as a Black Taxi Guide. There are many sightseeing tours to choose from on the website, including half day and All Day VIP Tours of London, tours to Oxford/Cambridge/Bath/Stonehenge/Windsor/Hampton Court as well as tours to our beautiful Essex, Suffolk and Kent villages. I also offer celebration tours and can arrange balloons/banners/champagne etc. My very latest London black taxi has full air-con, wheelchair access and can take up to 6 passengers comfortably. Please note, all prices quoted are for the tour and I can take up to 6 passengers.
Reviewed July 3, 2013

We spent a very lovely Sunday evening iwth Adrian seeing the sights of London. Adrian is very knowledgable. We thoroughly enjoyed seeing the sights of London and the Harry Potter locations with him!

1  Thank katerachel15
in 9 reviews
"four hours"
in 13 reviews

Reviewed July 3, 2013

This was the first time my family and I were visiting London and Adrian's tour was the perfect way to see all that London has to offer. Adrian was very knowledgable and organized. He was very accommodating as well. For example, I really wanted to see the Globe Theatre and I told him I am a big Harry Potter fan. He took the time to tie in Harry Potter facts throughout the tour and pass by the Globe Theatre. I highly recommend this tour for anyone that wants to see what London has to offer. I promise you will have a great experience and a great time.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

First of all I would like to thank the previous reviewers, your reviews helped me find & decide on Adrian's London Tours by Taxi. Preceding our tour, Adrian always answered my emails in a timely manner and helped me decide on an itinerary.

Adrian was on time, and as other reviewers have stated his taxi was immaculate. We had Adrian take us to Bath, on our way we reviewed the itinerary that we had previously discussed to make sure nothing had changed. While we had a tentative plan, the day was completely ours to decide how much or little time we wanted to spend. The best surprise was Adrian was much more than a "driver" he was a historian, personal guide and GPS all rolled into one!

Adrian went above and beyond, he found my dad a store to purchase a watch battery, my husband a pub and shopping for the women. Bath is a marvelous town and we hated to leave, but we continued on the rest of our trip so that we could experience more the of the countryside. What beautiful villages we saw and a fairy tale cottage that we would have missed if it had not been for Adrian.

I would highly recommend this for anyone, my husband even said it was the best experience we have had while traveling and that is high praise coming from him. I would definitely use Adrian again and hope I have the opportunity to do so in the near future.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

Adrian was great from start to finish. He e-mailed me back promptly on every communication. He let me pay in advance (getting extra protection through PayPal) and he arrived at our hotel for our tour right on time. We took the three-hour tour on the second day we were in London and although we gave him very little direction about what we wanted to see, he put together a wonderful tour for us. If you go with him early in your visit as we did, he gives you a great overview of the city, stopping at all the important locations, and he shares useful information and asides that will come in handy later during your trip. He walked us to the best locations to get the photo opportunities we wanted (we wanted a picture in front of Big Ben and Buckingham Palace and he took two great photos for us). He showed us where to get a good spot to watch the Changing the Guard ceremony which really came in handy later and he pointed out a location which was of interest to us (because of our work), and we enjoyed revisiting that spot later in the week.
Adrian Rouse is a London Super-Genius, seriously. Ask him anything you want to know; we did! (Where’s a good sports pub near our hotel? Can I call the bathroom a restroom? Is it worth taking the tour of Westminster Abbey?) He was able to deftly handle all those queries and more. In fact, twice while we were walking to St. James's Palace, strangers on the street asked him for directions and he was able to quickly help them find their way, too. He is an encyclopedia of historical facts, and he throws in humorous comments and interesting side facts (we learned about the gold mailboxes for UK Olympians, where they filmed scenes in Harry Potter, etc.). Several times later in our visit, we found ourselves saying, “Adrian told us about that!” We stood across the street from the Tower of London and in about ten minutes, he gave us an entire history of the city, and made it interesting.
He’s a nice guy and a great driver, which you need because London traffic can be awful. He found better routes for us when he saw traffic jams ahead and that’s a huge advantage over the open-top bus tours. Many times later in the week, we saw those tour buses sitting in long traffic back-ups on their designated routes. With Adrian, you waste almost no time that way; he’ll find a side route somewhere else. He even extended our time beyond the three hours that day to get the full tour in.
With all the good e-mail correspondence we had with Adrian before we came to London, when he pulled up in front of our hotel, I felt like we were meeting a familiar friend. You really do get that personal attention with him that you just aren’t going to get on these other kinds of tours. His prices are good and his tours are flexible and tailored to your interests. Look no further; Adrian is excellent. :)

2  Thank beachgirlee
See more reviews
Reviewed July 1, 2013

My husband and I were in London in June. I knew I wanted to do a tour but was a bit skeptical of some of the bus tours. I ended up finding London Tours by Taxi thru a TripAdvisor search and was more than pleased with our decision to book a tour of London with Adrian. Adrian did an outstanding job showing us the sights in London. We had scheduled a 2:30 pickup time on the second day of our trip and he arrived promptly and the cab was comfortable and clean. The plan was to see all of the "touristy" places; however, we saw a lot of those prior to our scheduled tour. Adrian was extremely flexible and adjusted the tour to meet our needs.

We saw some amazing sights and learned the history behind many of the places we visited. Several of the places Adrian took us to are places I know we would never have seen if we had been on our own. We took short walking tours and Adrian took the time to give a bit of information about our surroundings. He is very knowledgeable about all things London! I was extremely impressed.

I highly recommend London Tours by Taxi with Adrian as your guide. He made a wonderful trip even more special and my husband and I enjoyed ourselves immensely! THANK YOU ADRIAN!