“A real spectacle!”

and up
The Lion King Theater Show
Ranked #2 of 360 Concerts & Shows in London
More attraction details
Owner description: You will never forget the theatrical event that is Disney's THE LION KING. Brilliantly re-imagined by acclaimed director Julie Taymor, Disney's beloved film has been transformed into a spectacular stage production that explodes with glorious colours, stunning effects and enchanting music. At its heart is the powerful and moving story of Simba - the epic adventure of his journey from wide-eyed cub to his destined role as King of the Pridelands. 'There is simply nothing else like it.' The New York Times
Reviewed November 13, 2013 via mobile

After struggling to find realistically priced seats on the websites offering tickets we found four in the royal circle. We avoided front rows as people had said safety bars impede the view. However we had a restricted view due to the overhang of the grand circle above- sone of the action happens quite high up on the stage and we eventually had to move- luckily there were plenty of empty seats. Maybe those tickets would shift if they were cheaper? Then the theatre would sell more merchandise and refreshments? After spending nearly £200 on 4 tickets and another £10 on three ice creams I wasn't going to buy any merchandise( and I'm normally open to buying a nice souvenir but after an overpriced lunch at Rainforest Cafe, extortionate prices for ice creams and the annoyance of the poor view it all seemed too much). The show was truly great however and the staff were friendly. I did find the occasional jokey dialogue on stage irritating and the warthog and other character ( meerkat??) also a bit annoying but the puppetry was really inspired and the music was wonderful. I sometimes struggled to hear the dialogue clearly(and I think my hearing is ok) and some of the singing was on the weak side but overall it was a great show and my three daughters all loved it. They are 13, 9 and 5 and I would say that the one who it thrilled most of all was the 9 year old who said it was amazing.

Reviewed November 13, 2013

Just saw this show today with my nine year old daughter and we both loved it. It differs slightly from the movie as it includes a bit more plot as well as some additional songs but it is mostly familiar to Disney fans and as everyone has already mentioned the costumes, sets, lighting, and singing are amazing. I had read in a seating review that the best seats for this show are in the stalls (what we call orchestra seating in the US) and I believe this to be true. You can see the action onstage clearly right down to the actors' expressions and are close to the amazing animals as they pass through the aisles. I discovered you can borrow a cushion at the theater for 1GBP which did put my daughter up a bit higher to give her a better view. In sum it was an excellent show and I would bring my son to see it in a few years. I think parts of it, like the movie, might be a bit scary for younger kids.

Reviewed November 13, 2013

Was so good I cried........Laughed, Cried, Sang, Smiled, Goospimples.......There is so much to do when your only in town for a couple of days, but I would recommend you don't miss this one....We got premium seats, Royal Circle, 4 from the front.....Wonderful Show....

Reviewed November 13, 2013

I have been to see this show twice now.
Both performance's were fantastic.
The costumes are colourful, the performers are great.
A must see show when visting London for all ages.

Visit Covent Garden beforehand for shopping and dinner.

Reviewed November 13, 2013

Loved it, loved it, loved it! I have seen it 3 times - once when it first opened, again 4 years ago and also in Dec 2012. I cannot recommend it enough, I have seen lots of musicals and enjoyed them all, but this is my favourite.