“The Lion King”

and up
The Lion King Theater Show
Ranked #2 of 369 Concerts & Shows in London
More attraction details
Owner description: You will never forget the theatrical event that is Disney's THE LION KING. Brilliantly re-imagined by acclaimed director Julie Taymor, Disney's beloved film has been transformed into a spectacular stage production that explodes with glorious colours, stunning effects and enchanting music. At its heart is the powerful and moving story of Simba - the epic adventure of his journey from wide-eyed cub to his destined role as King of the Pridelands. 'There is simply nothing else like it.' The New York Times
Reviewed August 31, 2013

This is by far the best show I have ever seen. A must for all ages. From start to finish it was amazing. So much thought has gone into all the sets and costumes. This is one show I would definitely see again and again.

Write a ReviewReviews (10,276)

Reviewed August 30, 2013

I had been to see this over a decade ago, before going more recently with my children. I had forgotten how very good this production is - a visual and musical feast. There are some scenes that will be scary for very small children and would not recommend this for any child under the age of 5, but children older than that will surely be entranced.

Reviewed August 30, 2013

Even if your not a fan of The Lion King, or haven't seen it before, don't knock a chance to go and see this phenomenal performance. I had seats just a few rows from the front and the atmosphere was amazing. All the cast start off walking through the audience, so it was good to be a part of it.
Do not miss this, it's one to remember!!

Reviewed August 30, 2013

On the 10th of July 2013 I went to the Lyceum theatre London to watch The Lion King. This is the most talked about west end show meaning that there would be an abundance of dancing, singing and acting. I have seen many musicals before so was really excited to find out how good this was especially after all the raving about it.
I was sat on the penultimate row in the stalls yet I still had a brilliant view, as I was eagerly waiting for the show to start with my eyes concentrating on the stage in front of me, something burst through the doors behind me! Birds! Not real birds no but dancers in costumes that were so amazing that the huge wings were flapping around behind them. A whole safari of animals arrived through the doors each one with such an amazing costume that you didn’t know what to look at the zebras, the elephants, the birds, the wild dogs and then finally the lions.
The characterisation in this show was absolutely amazing all of the actors acted how their animal would in the wild the way they moved across the stage and even when they were not acting the characteristics would show through. I know that animals don’t talk but the way that they spoke was how, if animals could talk id imagine they would. The whole show had so much life about it that you were constantly entertained, there wasn’t a moment to reach down and pick up the malteaser you’d dropped on the floor (until the interval obviously!)
There isn’t a single bad thing I can say about this show as I thought that it was absolutely AMAZING!!
I would definitely recommend this show as it is great for all people to enjoy either really young or really old and obviously in the middle as well!

1  Thank Amie W
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Wonderful and great family entertainment. Had great seat in the Grand Circle. The theatre was very traditional and had a great atmosphere