“My 15 year old daughter gave it an 11 out of 10”
Review of The Lion King

and up
The Lion King Theater Show
Ranked #2 of 353 Concerts & Shows in London
More attraction details
Owner description: You will never forget the theatrical event that is Disney's THE LION KING. Brilliantly re-imagined by acclaimed director Julie Taymor, Disney's beloved film has been transformed into a spectacular stage production that explodes with glorious colours, stunning effects and enchanting music. At its heart is the powerful and moving story of Simba - the epic adventure of his journey from wide-eyed cub to his destined role as King of the Pridelands. 'There is simply nothing else like it.' The New York Times
Reviewed July 9, 2013

It was a visually stunning play but I thought it dragged a bit. My daughter who hated every other play we went to thought it was the most amazing thing she ever saw and was completely thrilled. Who would have figured? It was worth it because she enjoyed it so much. The rest of the group gave it a 6 out of 10.

1  Thank LynnKayB
There are newer reviews for The Lion King

Reviewed July 9, 2013

I suppose this is a case of expecting too much then being disappointing. I heard a lot of great things about this, even that it made people cry but i did not feel any of those emotions at all. I am not sure if the set was just not as good as I expected or the whole story and how it was performed.

The actor who plays young Simba kept making mistakes and was terrible, the older nala was not that great either when it came to singing. The set was repetitive and the singing should have been much better. I think kids would enjoy this more. I suppose I am more of a Jersey Boys and Rock Of Ages type of guy.. with that said, I did like Marry Poppins when it was in London.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

The Lion King is a classic Musical, the presentation was delightful and costumes were beautiful and the play provided enthusiastic energy!

1  Thank FrankFern
Reviewed July 8, 2013

The Lion King was not the best of shows we have seen, maybe just not suitable for us but others may have enjoyed it better

1  Thank Steek0
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Really enjoyed this show. Great costumes and set, lovely singing. Very impressive old traditional threatre building.

1  Thank Teigr