“Just brilliant!”

Cuisines: British
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: City of London
Description: An elegant City destination, London���s famed Proud Cabaret nightspot and restaurant is modelled on a 1920s speakeasy, exuding all the glamour of a decadent bygone era. Designed by Russell Sage Studios and Danielle Proud, the venue, located just moments from Fenchurch Street, is darkly impressive, not only in its setting but in its notoriously titillating and extravagant programme of entertainment. A constantly changing list of events ensures guests enjoy something new and exciting every visit, from the best music played by top DJs to beautiful burlesque performances, live jazz sounds and clever cabaret, all by well known and breaking acts. Special event parties, one off's and series��� alike, provides an extra surprise and, of course, whenever you visit you���ll be treated to not just captivating cocktails and mouthwatering moonshine but superbly executed British dishes enjoyed retro Hollywood supperclub style and an informal bar menu featuring lighter offerings. After dining the Proud Cabaret party continues long in to the evening.
Reviewed June 9, 2014

We attended the burlesque night... And what a night! We got a groupon deal so were a little nervous, but no need! The entertainment was first class ( the compere was brilliant,) the staff were excellent (and very provocatively dressed,) and the ambience was perfect. We will definitely be trying another night there!!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,464)

Reviewed June 5, 2014

This was the first tme I had experience anything like this so was something different. We went as a large groups for a friends birthdays. We chose and paid for our meals in advance as we was a large group which was fine and food was tasty. One word of warning is that drinks are really expensive and in small groups we worked out it was cheaper to just drink wine by the bottle rather than ordering individual drinks. I enjoyed the show but thought that there would be a bit more variety to it to be honest. The comedian was the best part I think. My friend managed the whole booking but did mention to me that the staff when contacting her via email and on the phone were very rude and also told us days before our booking that there would be a service charge added onto the food bill on the night. Think the management should make this clear at the time of booking. Our waitress on the night was lovely and very friendly and helpful. Overall was a lovely atmosphere all night

1  Thank EmmaJadey
Reviewed June 5, 2014

This is a fab place to spend your evening!!! Food was fantastic drinks were lovely and all the staff were exceptional so much so we left our waitress Caylee a £10 tip!!! The show is brilliant and the atmosphere Is just fabulous and we loved dancing the night away at the after show disco!!!...If you want a great but different night out with friends/family this is the place to go!!!! Even better if you join in the fun and dress the part 1920's style!!! Will definitely be visiting again soon!!!!

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant
Reviewed June 4, 2014

I took my husband to Proud (City) on Saturday 31st May 2014. It was a surprise for his 39th Birthday and we went with some close friends. We had an absolutely brilliant night. We hadn't been to a burlesque show before so it was completely new experience for us. We got a Groupon voucher for dinner and the show for £29 each instead of £79 which included a three course meal, a glass of presceco and the show which was excellent value for money. The waitresses are all dressed in underwear as they serve including the hostesses which really goes with the theme and makes the experience one to remember! The food was good and delivered hot and promptly! The cocktails are around £9 each which is average for London prices but were delicious and they presented a cake with a sparkler in it for my husband (£4). Dancing at the end topped off the night but the dance floor was the stage so not much room to dance although we made every use of this space lol!

The show was brilliant. Not just burlesque but also some comedy and cabaret too. The performers were excellent, we all had an absolutely wonderful and memorable night and are already planning to return again with some other friends who unfortunately couldn't make it.

My only downside was that I didn't handle the bill at the end of the night and didn't see it until afterwards as on top of the drinks bill (which was substantial!!) there was a service charge (£45 in our cad) but I don't know if this was discretionary or not. I had checked before hand as it says on the website that there is a charge for parties of 6 or more but we were only a party of four and when I called the woman I spoke to said it didn't apply to us. We had all had quite a few drinks and our waitress was fabulous however I would have preferred to have been left to provide my own tip rather than be told how much I was giving especially after having quite a few drinks!

Can't wait to return again! Keep your eyes peeled on Groupon for offers its a fab night out!!!!

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant
1  Thank hayleystick
Reviewed June 3, 2014

Went here on a hen night dressed in burlesque style and had a wonderful time. A three course meal that you picked your options from prior to arrival was included in the price and a "cocktail". Food was very acceptable and entertainment was very authentic and very funny and tasteful followed by a disco that played all the right music. Very good night and would recommend it if you fancy a slightly different night out.

1  Thank Susan S