“Excellent spa indulgence”
Review of So SPA by Sofitel

So SPA by Sofitel
Ranked #8 of 632 Spas & Wellness in London
More attraction details
Owner description: Sofitel London St James is enhanced with a luxury spa, So SPA, which offers a unique and personalised experience. Distributed over three floors, the original grade II listed building features high ceilings and natural daylight, providing the most spectacular backdrop for a spa. So SPA has chosen to partner with highly prestigious brands from French cosmetology, Carita and Cinq Mondes, as well as Marisa Berenson for her natural and holistic approach to beauty.
Useful Information: Stairs / elevator, Lockers / storage, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access
Reviewed January 3, 2014

We treated a friend and ourselves to a 90 minute massage at the Sofitel. The experience from start to finish was outstanding. We were greeted by friendly, professional staff who enquired our preferences including the temperature of the room, scent and music.

Before the massage, we had the exclusive use of the jacuzzi, steam room and sauna.

As expected, the massage was excellent, very relaxing and in luxurious surrounds. Even after the 90 minutes we did not want the massage to come to an end.

Following the massage we spent time in the relaxation room which was a great way to further unwind.

We will be planning to visit the So SPA by Sofitel very soon. I can't wait!

Charlotte

N_Pesty, General Manager at So SPA by Sofitel, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2014

I thank you very much for such words of praise.

I am truly happy to hear that you have had an "outstanding" experience in our So-SPA by Sofitel.

Indeed we genuinely love to look after all of our guests and to pamper them. We can't help it.

I look forward to welcoming you back on many other occasions.

Nicolas Pesty

Reviewed December 27, 2013

Amazing experience from start to finish. We had the 'So Magnifique' experience which included use of the steam room and jacuzzi, followed by 60 minute massage of choice and finally afternoon tea.

The facilities were impeccably clean and modern; the massage perfect (deep massage with strong pressure) and afternoon tea, well all I can say is I wish my tummy was bigger! All the food was delicious!

Can't wait to go back! A huge thank you to all the staff at Sofitel.

Cat & Sham

D_Dupart, General Manager at So SPA by Sofitel, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2013

Dear guests,

I thank you for this amazing feedback. I will pass on your words of praise to the whole So-SPA team.

What a wonderful feeling to hear that you have had a fantastic experience with us.

We look forward to many other visits of yours.

Reviewed December 26, 2013

I am a professional of this industry, I have worked in the health and beauty industry for over 10 years and I can only say that I am greatly impressed by the operation of this spa!
It's by far the best value for money in London, the quality of the therapists, the beauty of the building, the service, the attention to detail is simply outstanding for the price you pay.
I left So SPA by Sofitel relaxed, happy and I felt I was treated like a VIP!
A-MA-ZING! I will go there and recommend it to many people! Great place to spend a rainy Saturday in the winter.............................

2  Thank Farha B
N_Pesty, General Manager at So SPA by Sofitel, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2014

I am extremely thankful to you for this wonderful feedback!

Indeed we want our guests to feel like in a haven of peace and we love to pamper all of them.

I have obviously pass on your positive lines to the whole team as this will serve as an encouragement to keep on providing the highest standards of service.

Looking forward to many other visits of yours.

Nicolas Pesty

Reviewed December 14, 2013

This was my third visit, and each time my experience gets better and better. The front of spa host was lovely, interacting with us all the time. I always have the So Magnifique package and have brought friends with me, who equally enjoy the visit.
We got to use the private steam and jacuzzi room, in my experience you must always book this in advance of your visit, even if your voucher says you get use of this, suggest booking this an hour before your treatment. On this occasion because it was not busy they gave us separate treatment rooms, but in the past you and your friend may end up in the same treatment room. The massage was brilliant as usual, you can choose the pressure. The afternoon tea was delightful, it's made to order and takes into account all dietary requirements, scones weren't warm, but delicious nonetheless. They do leave you very much alone, don't know if you can get refills of sandwiches or cakes, but I'm sure if you asked they would provide. My friend couldn't eat her cakes, so she ended up taking them home.
I definitely plan to return, again and again!

D_Dupart, General Manager at So SPA by Sofitel, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2013

Thank you for this great feedback.

We love to indulge all of our guests and I can tell that we have achieved our aim.

People come to our So-SPA to relax and be pampered in a private atmosphere.

We look forward to welcoming you and your friends back.

Reviewed December 9, 2013

I am a spa-lcoholic, I love going to has many spas as possible in my free time!
I booked myself to the Spa at Sofitel having heard a few really positive comments from friends.
I wasn't even aware that this hotel existed in London and what a treat it was!
From the moment I booked the treatment over the phone with a friendly lady who recommended me to try a facial and massage (she got me as I ended up spending more that I thought but that's my fault for asking too many questions!)
The moment I walked inside the hotel, then inside the spa where I got greeted by friendly staff with a lavender tea and a warm towel.. I mean everything was absolutely perfect!
The Spa looks magnificent, one of the best looking if not the best in central London.. The service was excellent, the treatment was spot on!
I got to use the private Jacuzzi and Steam room, the relax lounge.. I spent over 4hours there and only paid £125!! Value for money is excellent, I will go there again, again and again..
Everything was 5*.. I loved the energy, the atmosphere, the was staff interacted with me, the spa was very clean. Just writting this review makes me want to go there now!

I thank you for this wonderful feedback!

I am truly glad to hear that you have had an amazing experience in our So-SPA and that the service was spotless.

I look forward to welcoming you back many other times.