“Whouahhh!!”
Review of So SPA by Sofitel

So SPA by Sofitel
Ranked #8 of 627 Spas & Wellness in London
More attraction details
Owner description: Sofitel London St James is enhanced with a luxury spa, So SPA, which offers a unique and personalised experience. Distributed over three floors, the original grade II listed building features high ceilings and natural daylight, providing the most spectacular backdrop for a spa. So SPA has chosen to partner with highly prestigious brands from French cosmetology, Carita and Cinq Mondes, as well as Marisa Berenson for her natural and holistic approach to beauty.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Stairs / elevator, Lockers / storage, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed December 9, 2013

I am a spa-lcoholic, I love going to has many spas as possible in my free time!
I booked myself to the Spa at Sofitel having heard a few really positive comments from friends.
I wasn't even aware that this hotel existed in London and what a treat it was!
From the moment I booked the treatment over the phone with a friendly lady who recommended me to try a facial and massage (she got me as I ended up spending more that I thought but that's my fault for asking too many questions!)
The moment I walked inside the hotel, then inside the spa where I got greeted by friendly staff with a lavender tea and a warm towel.. I mean everything was absolutely perfect!
The Spa looks magnificent, one of the best looking if not the best in central London.. The service was excellent, the treatment was spot on!
I got to use the private Jacuzzi and Steam room, the relax lounge.. I spent over 4hours there and only paid £125!! Value for money is excellent, I will go there again, again and again..
Everything was 5*.. I loved the energy, the atmosphere, the was staff interacted with me, the spa was very clean. Just writting this review makes me want to go there now!

D_Dupart, General Manager at So SPA by Sofitel, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2013

I thank you for this wonderful feedback!

I am truly glad to hear that you have had an amazing experience in our So-SPA and that the service was spotless.

I look forward to welcoming you back many other times.

Reviewed December 8, 2013

I bought a voucher for my pregnant daughter-in-law's birthday present. She used it last week and says that the massage was very good but she was booked in for 90 minutes and onlyhad 60 because of a crossed wire somewhere.
She also had a facial. My daughter-in law is a professionally qualified osteopath and tells me that the pressure applied to her neck was bordering on life-threatening! She wrote to advise Sofitel that action should be taken to stop this and gently suggested what should be done.
Their reply was of the "Yes Dear" variety. They have agreed to bump up the 30 minutes which they owe her to 60, which she'll take, but I'm not recommending anyone to go there.

4  Thank Janet P

Dear Madam,

I am sorry for the misunderstanding between our therapist and your daughter-in-law with regards to the time slot allocated to her treatment. Our mistake and I do apologize for that.

Regarding the massage itself, please rest assured that the therapist has been informed of your comment. I also apologize if your daughter-in-law felt too much pressure however she did not claim anything during the treatment.

Sorry again for the inconvenience caused to your daughter-in-law and we look forward to welcoming her back for her 60mn treatment.

With best regards.

Reviewed December 8, 2013 via mobile

Went with my sister for afternoon and a 60 minutes massage. I have I say the most relaxing amazing experience ever! The staff were lovely and accommodating we even got free cocktails whilst we were in the jacuzzi!

What a wonderful feedback! Thank you for that!

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed December 7, 2013

I was given a birthday voucher for a spa package here with afternoon tea. With some bad experiences in the past I was simply blown away by the exclusivity, the professionalism and the whole experience of my time spent at So SPA.

I had exclusive use of the steam room and jacuzzi - totally time just for me - none of this shared or communal facilities. The service was fantastic - I just cant fault it.

The massage was amazing, and again - such a wonderful experience - afternoon tea was delicious, and there was no rush to leave.hands down would recommend this to anyone.

I am truly glad to hear that you have had such an amazing experience in our So-SPA!

Thank you for pointing this out in your feedback as well as our high standards of service.

I look forward to many other visits of yours.

Reviewed November 30, 2013

Stumbled upon this spa after searching online for a relaxing spa day with my friend, to unwind after a recent stressful exam. Greeted by extremely polite and kind staff, we were given 2 cups of teas to start off with, then followed by use of steam room privately, next the best massage I ve ever experienced in the UK so far, with our needs and whims attended to. Proceeded to the relaxation rooms and selected tea of our choice. Additionally free use of private jacuzzi ! We were not rushed at all and had plenty of privacy. Took our time to use the shower facilities before preparing for a night out in town !! Will definitely come back! Excellent top notch service, mannerisms, treatment (tunde, marina and 2 other girls I didn't get the chance to ask for their names), beautiful settings and indeed rejuvenated !!

D_Dupart, General Manager at So SPA by Sofitel, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2013

Thank you so much for this wonderful feedback!

Indeed we want our guests to feel like in a haven of peace where everything goes smoothly and quiet.

I thank you for pointing out the fact that you have experienced the best massage ever in the UK. I felt extremely proud of the whole So-SPA team!

We look forward to welcoming you back with our undivided attention.