“Perfect spa”
Review of So SPA by Sofitel

So SPA by Sofitel
Ranked #8 of 626 Spas & Wellness in London
More attraction details
Owner description: Sofitel London St James is enhanced with a luxury spa, So SPA, which offers a unique and personalised experience. Distributed over three floors, the original grade II listed building features high ceilings and natural daylight, providing the most spectacular backdrop for a spa. So SPA has chosen to partner with highly prestigious brands from French cosmetology, Carita and Cinq Mondes, as well as Marisa Berenson for her natural and holistic approach to beauty.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Stairs / elevator
Reviewed July 14, 2013

I came here with my sister as a relaxing end to a day out shopping. We used the spa facilities and both had a massage. The spa was very clean and the surroundings were very peaceful and relaxing. It was well worth the money.

D_Dupart, General Manager at So SPA by Sofitel, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

I thank you for letting us know about your good experience at So-SPA with your sister.

We look forward to welcoming you both back.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Treated myself to a massage and the pint and pedicure, first impressions - chic, clean, quiet. Was offered a drink but they didn't say what choices were so just asked for water. Came with fruit jellie and hot towel - nice touch. Spa on 3 levels - changing rooms downstairs - compared to other london spas quite small, 2 showers, 1 toilet , there were 2 other ladies in there and it felt a bit crowded. Locker comes with robe, slippers, bottled water - it was one of the hottest days, so was sweltering in both! Wasn't shown the steam room or jacuzzi, it did say on voucher that use of facilities included.
Went back to reception, where one of the staff took me to the top level of spa and I was sat in the waiting area until collected and taken to treatment room. Karina was my therapist, massage was amazing, I had asked for firm, good thing to as during realised how much tension there was in my back.
Still in robe, went down for pedicure in an area off where others were having afternoon tea.
Karina also did my pedicure, instead of pint I asked for an orange juice, it was suggested that i try a fruit non alcoholic cocktail, i tried strawberry, really refreshing!
Pedicure was good, but have had better, the foot spa bath is brilliant. Was given option of where I wanted to wait whilst nails were drying, went to relaxation lounge on top floor, this is a lovely area. I already have vouchers to go again, try the afternoon tea next time!

1  Thank HandyMannyLondon
D_Dupart, General Manager at So SPA by Sofitel, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

I am really glad to hear that you have had such a wonderful time in our So-SPA by Sofitel. Good to know that you will be visiting again in the near future!

Indeed try the Afternoon Tea. It is a real treat.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon in our haven of peace.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

I was given this voucher as a christmas gift but did not get round to using it until June. I was a little apprehensive because my voucher was close to expiry and from pictures the Spa looked very chic but I expected everyone to be a rather stiff from past experiences of places of this nature. I have to say that this was the nicest spa I have visited in London. The staff are extremely friendly and pleasant and wanted to do all they could to make the visit relaxing. We met a few different members of staff and they were all lovely and helpful! The spa itself is exactly as it looks in the brochure and extremely well equipped, clean and tidy. One aspect I particularly enjoyed was that it does not have an over-crowded or production line type feel to the environment but instead a real sort of pampering environment. Being there felt like a step into an Oasis in the middle of London and we look forward to returning soon! I went with my Partner who is always asking me when we are planning to return!

1  Thank Sam R
D_Dupart, General Manager at So SPA by Sofitel, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2013

What a wonderful feedback! Thank you so much for that! I am also very proud of the team as So-SPA is now your favourite spa in London.

Indeed So-SPA is a haven of peace in the buzzing London. We genuinely love to pamper all of our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you and your partner back.

A bientôt,

Reviewed June 5, 2013

Booked as a 21st birthday present by me for my birthday by my boyfriend. Upon arrival we were given tea and fruit jellies before being whisked into dressing gowns and shown to the private steam room and jacuzzi. After this we were taken upstairs to the massage room where we had an hour long massage which was the best I've ever had! It was so relaxing and I just felt amazing afterwards. After this I had the manicure and martini treatment whilst my partner waited for me in the relaxation room. We then had afternoon tea which was very tasty and felt very decadent sitting in our dressing gowns and slippers. We left feeling thoroughly relaxed and pampered and I'll definitely return at some point

D_Dupart, General Manager at So SPA by Sofitel, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2013

You and your boyfriend were right to indulge in the So-SPA to celebrate your birthday. There is no harm in pampering yourself. You felt so good afterwards! It was worth it.

I am truly glad to hear that you have had a magnifique experience.

We look forward to welcoming you.

Au revoir.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

Thanks especially to Robin and the Spa team who have surprised my mother with some lovely treatments for her retirement. We will definitely be checking in to stay at this hotel for a weekend. The so spa team have been very helpful! Although only there for a treatment my mother absolutely loved the location and found it easy to get to from Victoria.Would highly recommend. Thanks so much!!!! Can't wait to stay

D_Dupart, General Manager at So SPA by Sofitel, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2013

Dear Madam,

It was our pleasure to welcome you and your mother on the occasion of her retirement. We love to indulge and to look after all of our guests.

Robin, the So-SPA Manager as well as his whole team are indeed outstanding. They genuinely care for their guests. Thank you for pointing them out in your feedback.

We then look forward to welcoming you back to our So-SPA as well as at Sofitel London St James.