“So Spa So Noel”
Review of So SPA by Sofitel

So SPA by Sofitel
Ranked #9 of 586 Spas & Wellness in London
More attraction details
Owner description: Sofitel London St James is enhanced with a luxury spa, So SPA, which offers a unique and personalised experience. Distributed over three floors, the original grade II listed building features high ceilings and natural daylight, providing the most spectacular backdrop for a spa. So SPA has chosen to partner with highly prestigious brands from French cosmetology, Carita and Cinq Mondes, as well as Marisa Berenson for her natural and holistic approach to beauty.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Stairs / elevator, Wheelchair access, Lockers / storage
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I was given this voucher as a christmas gift but did not get round to using it until June. I was a little apprehensive because my voucher was close to expiry and from pictures the Spa looked very chic but I expected everyone to be a rather stiff from past experiences of places of this nature. I have to say that this was the nicest spa I have visited in London. The staff are extremely friendly and pleasant and wanted to do all they could to make the visit relaxing. We met a few different members of staff and they were all lovely and helpful! The spa itself is exactly as it looks in the brochure and extremely well equipped, clean and tidy. One aspect I particularly enjoyed was that it does not have an over-crowded or production line type feel to the environment but instead a real sort of pampering environment. Being there felt like a step into an Oasis in the middle of London and we look forward to returning soon! I went with my Partner who is always asking me when we are planning to return!

1  Thank Sam R
D_Dupart, General Manager at So SPA by Sofitel, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2013

What a wonderful feedback! Thank you so much for that! I am also very proud of the team as So-SPA is now your favourite spa in London.

Indeed So-SPA is a haven of peace in the buzzing London. We genuinely love to pamper all of our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you and your partner back.

A bientôt,

There are newer reviews for So SPA by Sofitel

Reviewed June 5, 2013

Booked as a 21st birthday present by me for my birthday by my boyfriend. Upon arrival we were given tea and fruit jellies before being whisked into dressing gowns and shown to the private steam room and jacuzzi. After this we were taken upstairs to the massage room where we had an hour long massage which was the best I've ever had! It was so relaxing and I just felt amazing afterwards. After this I had the manicure and martini treatment whilst my partner waited for me in the relaxation room. We then had afternoon tea which was very tasty and felt very decadent sitting in our dressing gowns and slippers. We left feeling thoroughly relaxed and pampered and I'll definitely return at some point

D_Dupart, General Manager at So SPA by Sofitel, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2013

You and your boyfriend were right to indulge in the So-SPA to celebrate your birthday. There is no harm in pampering yourself. You felt so good afterwards! It was worth it.

I am truly glad to hear that you have had a magnifique experience.

We look forward to welcoming you.

Au revoir.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

Thanks especially to Robin and the Spa team who have surprised my mother with some lovely treatments for her retirement. We will definitely be checking in to stay at this hotel for a weekend. The so spa team have been very helpful! Although only there for a treatment my mother absolutely loved the location and found it easy to get to from Victoria.Would highly recommend. Thanks so much!!!! Can't wait to stay

D_Dupart, General Manager at So SPA by Sofitel, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2013

Dear Madam,

It was our pleasure to welcome you and your mother on the occasion of her retirement. We love to indulge and to look after all of our guests.

Robin, the So-SPA Manager as well as his whole team are indeed outstanding. They genuinely care for their guests. Thank you for pointing them out in your feedback.

We then look forward to welcoming you back to our So-SPA as well as at Sofitel London St James.

Au revoir,

Reviewed April 3, 2013

I booked a massage at the spa after reading other reviews here on tripadvisor and the spa lived up to all my expectations. I especially loved all the little details they put into your experience i.e. welcomed with tea, choice of jacuzzi or relaxation room while you wait, choice of music during your treatment, choice of scent in the room, cozy down comforter. Even after your treatment you are welcomed to stay and relax further. I highly recommend it.

D_Dupart, General Manager at So SPA by Sofitel, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2013

I thank you very much for such generous a feedback!

We are indeed extremely flexible so our guests enjoy as much as they can their experience at So-SPA.

The whole team and I thank you for recommending our Spa and look forward to your next visit.

A bientôt,

Denis

Reviewed March 16, 2013

Booked as a birthday treat for my daughter, it was also a treat for me.
We arrived on a cold, wet and windy March day and were welcomed with tea and fruit jelly.
Having booked though a third party site, we arrived, at the suggested half an hour before the booked treatment time - this meant that we had to choose between the steam room and jacuzzi, rather than have both. Not too much of a problem, but worth knowing that you should go at least an hour before your time. (I know others have said that here, but it did contradict the instructions we had.... which weren't quite right.)
The jacuzzi was in a private room, so was exclusively ours for the half hour. Although in the basement, there was a window which gave us a glimpse of folk hurrying past on the pavement above & the rain, which made it feel very cosy.
We both opted for a massage, which we had together, in the same room, at the same time.
This was ideal for us, as it was my daughter's first spa experience.
Afterwards we had afternoon tea, sat in our robes, sat at a long table, in an area just off reception.
The tea was very generous - sandwiches without crusts (obviously), delicious mini scones, with jam & clotted cream, followed by proper, full-on cakes. All was so delicious we over indulged badly/really well.

All-in-all a superbly indulgent way to spend a little more than three hours.

We were delighted to welcome and enchant you and your daughter for her first spa treatment.

Our aim is to indulge all of our guests for them to experience the highest relaxation.

I am pleased to hear that the afternoon tea served to you and your daughter was "delicious".

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Au revoir,