“Lacked enthusiasm, few technical tips”

Photo Walks of London
Ranked #243 of 710 Tours in London
More attraction details
Owner description: Photo Walks of London does what it says it does.PHOTOGRAPHY - Learn about your camera functions & photographic techniques.WALKS - A fun way to learn, Whilst walking around the best spots in LONDON. Great photographs of your trip to the city and onwards.SUITABLE FOR - all camera types (including iPhone) and all abilities,
Reviewed April 1, 2014

Nicely timed tour, but it's aimed more at tourists than photographers. I've been on a few photography walking tours like this and I learned very little on this one. Towards the end of the tour Ian announced that he was no longer very interested in photography and rarely picked up his camera ... which was by then pretty obvious. Beginners need someone to enthuse them.

1  Thank jamieacarter
There are newer reviews for Photo Walks of London

Reviewed March 24, 2014

I learnt so much on my day tour last summer, I went back for second helpings at night. Even though I work all day in london, this was 3.5 hours well spent with plenty of great photos and more techniques under my belt. Another great tour. Thanks Ian.

Reviewed March 9, 2014

I desperately wanted to take a photography tour while in London. I don't have a DLSR but still love taking great pictures. I found Photo Walks of London and loved that they offered an iPhone photo tour. Unfortunately, it just didn't work out for us. Ian was slow to respond to messages. We requested info for the iPhone tour at the time listed on his website. It took a week for him to respond, then he suggested a different tour for us. I reminded him we wanted the iPhone tour (not sure of the instruction differences offered with the different tours) and he seemed to get annoyed with me. He wasn't very clear in his emails, and would only answer one of the several questions I asked. I had to ask 3 times for the price of the tour. In the end, we just couldn't make it work.

Reviewed January 10, 2014

A friend recommended me the photo tour with Ian, I had 2 free nights in London and, luckily, one of them had a scheduled tour.
I love photography and the opportunity to walk around the city, at night, seeing spots from a different perspective and LEARNING LOTS about my hobby was amazing.
I was lucky enough to get the tour alone with Ian, everyone else was a no-show. We had a good 3 hour tour, with history, great shots and a nice chat along with it.
Ian is a great guy, and his tours are a must-take for everyone who loves photography or simply wants to see London with a different eye.

1  Thank fmguarda
Reviewed December 15, 2013

I took a Christmas lights night tour and had a great time. Ian was very friendly, easy-going and put me at ease when I felt like I was asking silly questions. Ian let me borrow a tripod too which was great - he knew all the locations and angles and gave plenty of advice. I learnt a lot and have some new skills I am looking forward to trying out. I was lucky and there was only 2 of us in the group as some people did not turn up. Finished late as we started late and thankfully the rain held off - Ian did have plastic bags to cover the cameras while waiting for shots or walking about - thanks Ian!