“Night tour of London”

Photo Walks of London
Ranked #242 of 710 Tours in London
More attraction details
Owner description: Photo Walks of London does what it says it does.PHOTOGRAPHY - Learn about your camera functions & photographic techniques.WALKS - A fun way to learn, Whilst walking around the best spots in LONDON. Great photographs of your trip to the city and onwards.SUITABLE FOR - all camera types (including iPhone) and all abilities,
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Again, Ian was a truly magnificent in parting key advice on how to take the perfect photo in the night. This time around, we walked around the South Bank of London from Westminster to Tower Bridge. A tripod is recommended in the night tour - if you don't have one, Ian will bring a tripod for you to use.

The tour takes in the sights of the Houses of Parliament, London Eye, St Paul's Cathedral, various other sights and Tower Bridge. Motion blur is a great feature to learn for those ultimate night shots. I have a photo of Tower Bridge (as my profile pic here) as my money shot taken with the expert tips from Ian.

Ian gave valuable advice about taking the unusual shots, e.g. taking a photo from an angle looking up, to iconic photos with a twist. It was great to hear that Ian has an iPhone photo tour of London too.

There is some history involved in the tour - some opinions about architecture of the city too.

I believe that I am now geared up to venture around London at night with more confidence in how to set my camera up and take a great shot. A great tip shared was to look at the shutter/aperture setting when previewing a photo as a reminder for future shots.

I attach several of the photos taken throughout this tour. I personally love the Tower Bridge shot - amazing!

I highly recommend you book a tour.

There are newer reviews for Photo Walks of London

Reviewed December 31, 2012

I have to say a big "Thank you" to Ian for making my London trip a blast. Considering it was my first trip to London, Ian was kind enough to feed me tidbits about the history/stories behind the places we passed by during our photo walk.

I thought that I was pretty able-bodied with my camera, but Ian showed me some new tricks which helped me produce some fabulous pictures.

Ian went out of his way to spend a lot of time with me, and for that I'm very appreciative! Ian is a very, very capable photography teacher and very entertaining to be with.

I highly recommend using his services! Two thumbs way up!!

Reviewed November 23, 2012

I really enjoyed the photo walk tour. I learnt some simple techniques which helped me take pictures which I was able to control - I was finally able to really use my camera and was very pleased with the results. It's a great way to spend an interesting 2.5 hours perhaps looking at an area of London through a lens for the first time. Ian was very helpful and very enthusiastic about photography. The tour inspired me to take time out just to take pictures more often, and with more confidence. Highly recommend.

1  Thank BrownLondon
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Excellent morning spent with Ian, cameras set to full manual from the start.
A well balanced tour covering a number of scenarios each presenting their own challenge.
Ian explained each very clearly and provided hands on advice when necessary.
Best take-aways for me -
(1) really, really, really think about your composition
(2) go low - explore the lower iso and shutter speeds where you'd often leave it on auto
(3) think some more about your composition

I'd happily recommend Photo Walks. Indeed I already have and will also be booking in for the evening walk.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

I have thoroughly enjoyed the Photo Walk Tour I did last week (Nov 16th). Ian was very helpful during the tour, and I got to learn couple of key tricks to make night photography look awesome. The pictures I shared after this tour within my friends group has given me a lot of positive feedback. I'm really glad I did this trip. I would recommend this one for all Photography aspirtants. Top Class!