“Night Photo Tour”

Photo Walks of London
Ranked #255 of 742 Tours in London
More attraction details
Owner description: Photo Walks of London does what it says it does.PHOTOGRAPHY - Learn about your camera functions & photographic techniques.WALKS - A fun way to learn, Whilst walking around the best spots in LONDON. Great photographs of your trip to the city and onwards.SUITABLE FOR - all camera types (including iPhone) and all abilities,
Reviewed November 19, 2012

I have thoroughly enjoyed the Photo Walk Tour I did last week (Nov 16th). Ian was very helpful during the tour, and I got to learn couple of key tricks to make night photography look awesome. The pictures I shared after this tour within my friends group has given me a lot of positive feedback. I'm really glad I did this trip. I would recommend this one for all Photography aspirtants. Top Class!

Reviewed November 18, 2012

I was lucky enough to be the only person on the Pool of London tour on 23rd October 2012, so I had 2 1/2 hours of one to one tuition with Ian.

Right from the start Ian showed me some simple techniques to achieve better exposure which we built on and expanded as we continued the walk. Over the course of the walk we covered all of the basic functions and techniques using my DSLR, including shallow depth of field, motion blur, white balance adjustment, fill flash, capturing moving water etc.

I also learnt a lot from Ian about composition - particularly regarding things to include in a picture to help tell the story of the picture, rather than just a static image which can be a bit sterile.

Overall I would say the course is excellent value for money (especially in my case!). You will definitely learn a lot about how to get the best from your camera, and learn some interesting stuff about the area as well.

Ian has also followed up with some advice and pictures by email, which is much appreciated.

Highly recommended - many thanks Ian.

1  Thank Garyjdavies
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Ian, he's a consummate professional. A laid back, easy to get on with fella with a multitude of tips, tricks and skills to pass on. We were met at (what was a miserable start weather wise) Westminster Tube Station. First port of call, Houses of parliament and then a whistle-stop tour of Westminster - including Westminster Abbey, St James' Park, Changing of the Guard, Buckingham Palace and many other stops along the way.

I had just bought a new Compact System Camera and wanted to really go for taking photos with the correct settings. You are taught how to set your manual settings for Shutter Speed, Aperture (f-stop) and ISO. With tips on how to take photos close-up and afar with metering balance, you're set to take some iconic images of London.

Ian Leads several other Photo walking tours of London - a particular interest being an evening tour.

I recommend you to book a tour on Ian's website - http://www.photowalksoflondon.com

Reviewed November 14, 2012

This was a great thing to do, just starting out in photography and the night shots and light effects etc is something I always wanted to do, and this gave me the chance to learn lots of tricks and get some fab tips. Plus walkig round London was awesome. Ian and Patrick were great company nice couple of guys and gave great advice. Well worth going and I will do a day course next year too.

1  Thank simmysimster
Reviewed November 12, 2012

I ended my 2 week long vacation with 3 days in London and boy do I wish I was able to put what Ian taught me to use earlier on. I had just bought a brand new camera and was still figuring out the features, so relied heavily on the auto intelligence to take my pics. The first thing Ian did was take my camera off auto intelligence and adjust some of my settings.

He is hands ons and knows the detailed workings of many cameras. Most of my group had DSLR cameras with me being the lone one with a point and shoot. Ian provided helpful tips regarding lighting needs, stabilizing images and how to capture great shots. I now can't wait to go around NYC and play around with my camera to get some more great shots.

Lastly, the sites we saw were great. I did the Historical London walk, but would love to take the night tour the next time I am in London.

1  Thank SCruz780