“a fun night out”
Review of The 39 Steps

The 39 Steps
Ranked #86 of 369 Concerts & Shows in London
Reviewed March 7, 2014

It was a really fun twist on Alfred Hitchcock. I enjoyed the humor and the fast pace of the story line. I enjoyed it and would recommend it.

1  Thank DLive

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Very impressed with the criterion first visit we were in the stalls which is four levels down. The cast of Four yes four were absolutely fantastic. The performance of all four Ellie Beaven Ben Righton Greg Haiste and Nick Holder kept us wondering what would happen next and the movement of the props to suit the scene was so original. never stopped laughing well done. great script and direction worth a visit.

2  Thank Jim W
Reviewed March 3, 2014

I did not know what to expect. A comedy of an Alfred Hitchcock spy thriller! But what a performance. Four actors. One playing the main character. A women playing two female parts and two other men playing numerous roles. Sometimes, cleverly, changing roles whilst on stage. The props were unique. There were parts of the play where knowing the original made their adaption even funnier. The show ran at a fast pace and kept the audience excited and laughing throughout the performance. It was a pity when it ended. Everybody would have wanted more.
We left the theatre hearing nothing but praise. We would thoroughly recommend this play to anybody. If you like a laugh then this one is definitely for you.

Reviewed March 3, 2014

Neither my OH or I had read the book or seen the film, so we had no expectations. It is a good show, very well done to the 4 actors, although I felt the 2 men, who aren't the "couple", did exceedingly well & were very funny. We didn't experience belly laughs, but all in all a good night out.
The theatre is quite small & underground so it was extremely hot in there, bet it is quite uncomfortable in the warmer weather.

1  Thank Val J
Reviewed March 1, 2014

What a great take on a classic of literature. My wife and I watched this play for her birthday, we have seen many musicals, operas and Shakespearean plays in London but never a comedy show, and for our first one we have been spoilt.. The acting was first class, the jokes were spot on and the timing exact, the clever use of only 4 cast members with the props etc made it all the more funny, just forget the title it is nothing really like the book or the films, it is different and unique leave your knowledge of the 39 steps at the door and just enjoy this brilliant play, well done to all involved..

1  Thank Syksey99