Review Highlights
Impressive & Fascinating

This was my very first play in London and it was a lot different to the plays I have seen back in... read more

Reviewed May 13, 2018
320supriyaa
Edgware, United Kingdom
Very funny

Probably the funniest show I have seen. I never realised it was a comedy and expecting the... read more

Reviewed March 18, 2017

from $117.60
from $81.00
from $118.90
More Info
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Loved the show! The cast is wonderful and the story was great. It was time and money very well spent.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

In Quebec, we have summer theatre which is a very light version of theatre meant for good laughs and a larger audience than the more "serious" theatre. I felt like I was at a summer theatre play, but it was frankly amusing and we had a great time. The fact that only 4 comedians play all those characters is really what did it for us. Their performance and the staging are impressive. The Criterion is a curious, old theatre located underground. You even hear and feel the Undergroung passing near.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

Absolutely brilliant play. We laughed the whole way through. Bar staff at intermission very friendly and had our drinks waiting for us.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

We saw this show few months back and still talk about it, 39 steps is full of physical comedy, witty writing and excellent performances by the crew- these 4 actors carry the entire play on their shoulders and they do it extraordinarily.

The actors play around 139 characters during the entire show, which requires not only quick pace and changes but also very fine acting skills- they get into the personality of every character they play and perform so brilliantly.

I fell in love with John Hopkins (The lead actor), his performance is as good as his looks ;-) I am not sure if he still plays the lead.

Another quite remarkable thing was the creative use of props,one gets to see the innumerable possibilities of creating any scene in a confined stage space- you will see scenes changing every few minutes from streets to home, from train scene to car scene, from farm to hotel to mansion. It was real fun to watch. Highly recommended!

Reviewed July 6, 2013

Brilliant play, very funny - only 4 cast members , this adds to the humour -the theatre is beautiful, not one I had noticed before, staff very helpful.

Would highly recommend this production!!!