“Its not what it says on the tin”
Review of Sagar

Sagar
Ranked #3,081 of 23,381 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Indian, Healthy
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Fitzrovia
Description: sagar vegetarian restaurant serves you authentic south Indian foods at affordable price and best quality. we also serve vegan, no onion and garlic, nut free and wheat free. we also provide outdoor catering for special occasion.
Reviewed August 18, 2014

After reading a lot of reviews about its cheap and tasty food, i thought of giving it a try on Saturday. No lunch deals on weekends so you have to choose from the mene which is not affordable for a casual lunch. I wouldn't want to pay £10 for a dosa. The ambience was bit tardy and service not too great. We decided to not to go further and came out. Can't comment on the taste because we actually didn't eat there.

4  Thank Vratz J

Reviewed August 4, 2014

I'm not a vegetarian so perhaps I'm not the best reviewer. That said I really enjoy Sagar and have lunch there at least once a month. The set lunch is £5.95. Wash it down with an ice-cold Kingfisher beer and you've found a little bit of Kerala off the Tottenham Court Road.

Reviewed July 28, 2014

I chose this place since my friend is a vegan and I wanted a place where she could feel comfortable. She quite liked it, so I assume that the food was OK for her standards. Unfortunately, myself (who I am not a vegetarian/vegan) did not enjoy the food at all. I found all the dishes quite weird and took me long time to decide what to order.
The starter we ordered was called "bhajia" and was fine, even though it was spicy (this was not specified in the menu). But my main was a kind of lentil and rice pizza which was disgusting and I did not even finish a quarter of it. Instead I went for the plain basmati rice, not to risk it again, but still did not like it as it tasted a little bit like metal...

Reviewed July 28, 2014

we have been going to Sagar for many years now. we usually go to their Hammersmith and Percy street branch. we have experienced the food to be good generally and same goes for the service. it can be hit and miss sometimes. Mesers (maybe have got the name wrong) at the Percy street branch, is very observant of the customers needs and is always smiling and friendly.
agree with the previous reviewer, regarding the toilets at both the restaurants.

Reviewed July 17, 2014

Went with family to eat recently. The food is standard and the place is clean. The bathroom is a walk down the stairs into a single room toilet - needs decorating. It's missing the charm one would expect from a high class restaurant i.e. Papadoms as you sit, water bowl with lemon to wash your hands, etc. But yes it's a good place for a quick Indian meal, dressed casually. The masala tasted the same across the two dishes.

Been to Sagar? Share your experiences!