“A fantastic tour guide”

Laurence Summers Tour Guide
Ranked #156 of 732 Tours in London
More attraction details
Owner description: Good day to you all! I am Laurence Summers, a professional qualified Blue Badge Tour Guide, who loves his work and is happy to cater tours to your desire. We can explore London and the UK by foot, public transport or in my six-seater car and Im comfortable with youngs, not so youngs and those in the middle! From Royal London to the Beatles, from Shakespeare to Harry Potter, Jack the Ripper to Charles Dickens and Sherlock Holmes, Britain's Secret Service to Law Courts or, if you prefer further afield, we can go to Stonehenge, Hampton Court, Bath , the Cotswolds or Windsor Castle to name but a few. Please contact me - details on this page - and/or have a look at my website and decide which of the many tours I offer you would like to do. My passion is my work so please come and make me work at my passion!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed June 5, 2013

I've been on three walking tours of London with Laurence over the past couple of years. Laurence is a fantastic guide who really knows his stuff and imparts his knowledge in an interesting and fun way. Even as someone who has lived and worked in London for many years, I've learnt interesting new facts and discovered previously unknown hidden parts of the City on every one of Laurence's tours.

On that basis I would highly recommend Laurence to both tourists and to Londoners who want to do something a bit different for a social event or an office night out.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Having previously been on Laurence’s 'Jack the Ripper' tour about 4 months ago, I booked another with some friends, which surely speaks volumes about Laurence’s trips. This time we took in the sites and history, from St.Paul’s Cathedral, over the Thames and along Bankside South including the Globe theatre. We of course stopped in the occasional public tavern for some light refreshments along the way. As always, the tour was informative and fun. Laurence never disappoints.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

As a "local" I know my area pretty well, so it was a great eye-opener to take Laurence's tour, particularly around the city near st paul's and south of the river by the globe. Laurence was knowledgeable about the tiniest details that I'd never noticed before and very entertaining too. I really enjoyed it

1  Thank chustler
Reviewed May 22, 2013

We wanted to do some thing different with a group of friends and decided to do a walking tour.
we meet at St Pauls and after some information about the city, we visited a nook unknown to most, crossed the millennium bridge to see the Globe ,Tate modern, a prison and the golden hinde. With a couple of pub stops on the way.
I have lived in London and it was great to see another side to the city.
Laurence was a great guide, the tour was educational and fun.
I would recommend Laurence Summers to any one who wanted to see the city in a new light.
Looking forward to The Jack the Ripper tour we have booked in June.

Reviewed May 21, 2013

Laurence is absolutely the best tour guide you can possibly get for your site seeing in and around London. His knowledge of the attractions of London is encyclopedic. His joy in showing off his hometown is infectious and rubs off on you where you can not help but have a great time. He was by far the best thing we did while in the UK. My wife and I hired him for four days and he helped make our vacation a dream come true. I delighted in pointing at buildings, monuments and statues and ALWAYS Laurence would have a story behind why it was built, the significance of the item, and historical perspective of what your looking at. We traveled all over greater London and he knows each area like the back of his hand. Using the underground, taxis and his own vehicle it made it possible to get the most bang for your buck, in the shortest time possible. Hire him immediately to have the best time possible while in London!!!!