“No trip to London should be without Laurence”

Laurence Summers Tour Guide
Ranked #121 of 670 Tours in London
More attraction details
Owner description: Good day to you all! I am Laurence Summers, a professional qualified Blue Badge Tour Guide, who loves his work and is happy to cater tours to your desire. We can explore London and the UK by foot, public transport or in my six-seater car and Im comfortable with youngs, not so youngs and those in the middle! From Royal London to the Beatles, from Shakespeare to Harry Potter,Jack the Ripper to Sherlock Holmes or, if you prefer further afield, we can go to Stonehenge, Hampton Court, Bath or Windsor Castle to name but a few. Please contact me - details on this page - and/or have a look at my website and decide which of the many tours I offer you would like to do. My passion is my work so please come and make me work at my passion!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“No trip to London should be without Laurence”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

We have just completed a two day tour in London with Laurence. I thought I knew the City reasonably well, but I found out so much more that I didn't know. We wanted to see parts of London that are off the beaten track and Laurence immediately knew the kind of places we'd like, and found lunch and coffee stops along the way. Laurence kept all of us enthralled with his knowledge of the city, and made it so interesting (even for the teenagers), and his knowledge of Shakespeare kept mum very well entertained! All in all, it was fabulous, and Laurence is such a joy to spend time with (we've been with guides around the world who we've found awkward to talk to). We managed to see so much in such a short time. I'd recommend him anytime.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank missustravellor

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Jack the Ripper walking tour”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

What a first class tour guide Laurence is! He is not only very informative but he creates great atmosphere and had every member of the group involved and enthralled. No-one felt left out. I would highly recommend Laurence and can't wait for my next chance to join him on another tour.
Carol

Visited November 2012
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Hidden secrets of the City of London”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

A group of work colleagues went on a tour of the City with Laurence. I've lived in London all my life and have worked in the City on and off for over 20 years. I thought I knew a bit about the area. How wrong I was. Laurence showed me parts of the City I had never seen and told me stories I had never heard. It was fascinating. We saw the site of a Dickens house I had walked past hundreds of times but didn't know was there, the Mitre Pub tucked away down a tiny alleyway, a historic Catholic Church in Hatton Garden, the story of Wren's beautiful St Brides Church and much more. If you work in the City you tend only to go between the office and the station. Laurence brings alive the history of the City as you wander down secret alleyways and through beautiful squares you didn't know existed. Highly recommended whether you have lived in London all your life or if you are new to the city, as a few people in our group were.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank Simon M
New Orleans
“A tour of all parts of London”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We spent 2 days with Laurence in snowy London in February. Laurence picked us up at our hotel on time and stopped by the Royal Albert Hall and then spent the morning at Westminster Abbey. Laurence was knowledgeable about its history and it helped because Westminster Abbey can be overwhelming without guidance. That afternoon we toured the Tower of London with a lunchtime stop at a pub--Hung, Drawn and Quartered--with a very English steak and kidney pie.

Our 2nd day consisted of a Jack the Ripper tour in East London. We enjoyed the macabre story of Jack the Ripper and a chance to see another part of London that is more ethnic or blue collar and the architecture. We made a stop at the Victorian Era Spitfields Market and walked the neighborhood to see new London bumping into old London. That afternoon Laurence took us to see Beatle sights and we got our tourist chance to take pictures walking Abbey Road and Laurence pointed our Paul McCartney's house that is near Abbey Road Studios. That afternoon Laurence drove us north to the Northgate section that is the highest point in London. We ate lunch at The Spaniards, a very old pub, and then we stopped at the Kenwood House and Estate so our kids could play in the snow in the park. We then walked the Northgate neighborhood and enjoyed its English charm.

We viewed the Churchill War Museum, London Natural History Museum and shops on our own time. However, we got an idea where they were located in relation to our hotel during the course of our tour with Laurence.

London is a big, crowded city and it can overwhelm anyone with all the choices it offers. We had a good trip and we owe it in part to our decision to use Laurence as our private guide. He picked us up on time at our hotel and knew how to navigate and park in London. His helped saved us a lot of time and cut out the hassle of traveling from different attractions.

Our family liked Laurence and we highly recommend him on a family trip to London.

Visited February 2013
3 attraction reviews
“Jack the Ripper”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

A group of us when on the Jack the Ripper tour and it was excellent. Not only is the tour informative but Laurance makes it great fun. I'm sure there are other tour guides, but as they say it's often not what some says, but how they say it! Would thoroughly recommend it. Adam

Visited November 2012