“Excellent steak but a little over priced”

Zero Sette Restaurant
Ranked #1,831 of 23,689 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Although the food was good, we've definitely experienced better value elsewhere - even in London. Charging an additional £4.50 for a side order of vegetables on top of the already premium price for the main dish is a little unreasonable. Fillet steak was very good and the pizza was nice. Service was OK but not exceptional nor entirely deserving of the mandatory 10% service charge. Not the restaurant's fault but the atmosphere was slightly marred by a diner on a nearby table who's foul mouthed conversation was conducted at a rather loud volume. Overall, the quality doesn't quite match up to the price point.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

The service was excellent even though they were almost full, the staff were friendly without being overly so. There were 10 of us but food was brought quickly and was perfectly cooked. The garlic bread (with cheese) was the best I've ever had (I'm 42). My steak was just as I like it and the vegetables were also REALLY good. I would have happily have gone there every night were were in London.

Reviewed January 31, 2013

Food and service was excellent, though not easily found in bad weather conditions!
Ate here as a group of 14 people and the staff were very accommodating and the quality of the food was by far the best I have had within 2 miles of Excel...Highly recommended

Reviewed January 11, 2013

The most amazing restaurant I have ever eaten in! Family run Italian through and through? These guys take the time to know you personally and make sure you're happy. Eaten here for several years and thought it was time I shown my appreciation. Not one bad dish in seven years! Keep it up Gero.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

We have eaten here many times and have always been delighted with our meals. The food is superb, especially pizza and pasta. The pizza bases are beautifully thin and crispy. The last time we went we shared an antipasti platter between the 5 of us as a starter which could have easily been as our whole meal. The platter had a varied selection of cold meats, seafood and salad items and was stunning to look at. Sadly, greedy as we are, we started munching before anyone thought of taking a photo! We have eaten there as a couple, with friends and with our family. We have eaten at lunch and in the evening and on every occasion we have enjoyed attentive, friendly and efficient service. In fact we even had my husband's work retirement dinner there a couple of years ago. Nothing was too much trouble for the owners who made sure the dinner for 40 was a huge success.

The location means that if you are not visiting the Excel (or the cable car) you do have to make a special effort to go to Zero Sette. Take it from me - it is absolutely well worth the effort. Fabulous food, great value and excellent service - what more could you want?