“No reservation accepted”

Circolo Popolare
Reserve a Table
Ranked #791 of 26,737 Restaurants in London
Reviewed January 21, 2020 via mobile

Dont even take reservation. They just want you to come at 5 PM and queue up. There are just so many better choice out there.

1  Thank SeanPp2020
BigMammasquadra, Gérant at Circolo Popolare, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hello Sean,
We are sincerely sorry if you have been disappointed by our booking system.
We do take reservations only throught our website for parties of 2 up to 25. We also welcome walk-ins for parties up to 7 people. Lately we have put this system of waitlist not to leave people queuing for hours. This system works with us taking your name and phone number to let you know when your table's ready, in order to minimize your waiting.
We advise you to come a few minutes before the opening of the waitlist (5pm), you'll be able to eat straight away if a table's ready and if you want to do so, otherwise you will be able to write your name on the list to eat later.
I want to apologies we didn't inform you about this when you came to visit us, we are discussing with our squadra so that it doesn't happen again.
We sincerely hope to see you again and that you will keep a better souvenir then :)
All the best,
Tania della squadra di Circolo

Write a reviewReviews (464)

Reviewed January 21, 2020 via mobile

We ate here on Monday 20th Jan 2020 for lunch with myself, my wife, my sister and my 7month baby.
We arrive on time and we’re showed to our table straight away but due to the pram we had we were told to fold it and keep it on the corner which we were more than happy to do.
Service was excellent apart from twice the high chair being knocked into by waiters (baby was not in the high chair both times - and I’m sure if baby was the staff would not of knocked into it).
Food was superb, fresh, homemade, it was like I was back in Italy all over again!
We were not rushed to place our order and the lady who was looking after us was more than happy to let us be as the baby during service did fall asleep whilst we had finished (meant more beer for me).
Decor is beautiful and I can see why pictures and videos and selfies were taken constantly.
Music was also very good not to loud not too soft but very mello chilled out tunes.
Men’s toilets to the urinals a touch weird as there is a plastic bead curtain to push through so not sure if that is hygienic or not.
But overall a wonderful lunch and will be going back again.

Reviewed January 19, 2020

The atmosphere of the restaurant was outstanding, it felt like we were somewhere in Italy with the beautiful setting. We ordered the mushroom bruschetta and the pesto filled burrata as a starter, and it was truly one of a kind, but the star of the show AND MY HEART was the spinach and ricotta gnocchi. Genuinely this was the most tasty pasta I’ve ever eaten, it felt my tastebuds were in heaven. I would bathe in that pasta if I could.

Reviewed January 19, 2020

My Daughter had arranged a 62nd birthday special dinner at this restaurant. We arrived for 6pm and after being told to queue up at the front door in the cold, we were finally shown to our table (4 of us). They reminded us that we had 2 hours only. That should be fine. We we seated and after about 10 minutes, they came to take our order for wine and food. We ordered a pasta Carbonara for two, one gnocchi and one entree. Within the blink of an eye (i.e. 30 seconds) this lady showed up at our table with this bowl and ready to serve us Carbonara. We were literally shocked and told the lady that she must have the wrong table. We hadn't even received our wine. She was adamant, but eventuality backed down. Then 3 minutes later, the cheese entree showed up, then the gnocchi and then another lady with another bowl of pasta. The gnocchi was cold and had to be returned for re-heating. The pasta Carbonara was served and it was as dry as sandpaper, no sauce at all and cold. Worst I have ever endured. We packed up and left. It was such a disappointment. The restaurant was busy and it was a real mystery. They tried to tell us that all the food was cooked fresh. That is not possible. Seriously, it was the fastest meal I have ever had and there is no way that this was not pre-prepared. I would probably give this place another go and write this off as a bad experience, but be wary.

2  Thank CraigD252
Reviewed January 18, 2020 via mobile

No queue to get in on a Sunday just before noon but we had a 11:45 reservation.
The restaurant is huge and was very busy but the service was excellent.
Can’t describe the place - it is something to be seen.
We had the pasta carbonara served in a whole pecorino. Never seen anything like this before. Absolutely delicious but we wanted more - the portion was quite small. Having said that we had banofee pie for dessert and the portion was huge (definitely 1 to share).
We all LOVED it! It is different, fun, colourful, delicious, etc.
Highly recommend it and can’t wait to try the sister restaurant in Old St.