“Terrible delivery experience”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Bombay Flame

Bombay Flame
Reserve with OpenTable
Bombay Flame is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,226 of 22,375 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti
Good for: Kids, Business meetings, Special occasions, Families with children, Romantic, Dining on a budget, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
London, England, United Kingdom
“Terrible delivery experience”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2013

I used to get delivery from this place every week or so but just had a terrible experience with them and won't be using them ever again.

I always put up with the 1hr+ delivery time when they said 45 mins but this time they really took the piss. I ordered at 7:30 and the delivery came at 8:30 but without the rice I ordered. I called up straight away and they told me it would be sent out straight away and arrive in 15 mins. It didn't. I called again after 25 mins. Then after 40 mins. And then after 1 hour! Each time I called I was told it was 2 mins away. They were just lying to me.

The last time I called, the man on the phone actually started laughing with his colleagues at me which p*ssed me right off. I then spoke to the manager who was far from apologetic, even when I reminded him I spend about £500 a year with him. He didn't seem to care.

Just after an hour the rice arrived without apology. The manager refused to give me any more money back except £2 off for the rice despite it taking more than 2 hours to arrive, repeated lies from his staff and his employee openly laughing at my complaint.

Absolutely disgraceful customer service. Will never eat from there again. Shame as quite liked the balti.

1 Thank fb831_13

London
“Excellent food, generous and lovely staff.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

I have been to Bombay flame three times now and have not once been disappointed. The food is fresh and tasty and the waiters do everything they can to please. I am always particularly impressed with the complimentary fruit and aperitifs. Even without a taste card it is reasonably priced but with it, it's amazing and I always tip to compensate as I feel guilty! Absolutely love it here. See you again soon!

1 Thank littlemisssunshine94
London, United Kingdom
“Over-rated: Average to Poor Local Indian Restaurant”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2013

Came here on the basis of reviews on here. Overall, very disappointing given high expectations. Food unimaginative and meat used in the curry was very low quality. One of the worst curries I have had in some time in fact. Service ok. Very empty on a Saturday night at 9.30 pm which says it all really.

“You got to try it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013

My first experiences with Indian food were somewhat unfavourable so I had been reluctant for some time to visit an Indian restaurant that would be another disappointment yet again. A friend though insisted to give the Bombay Flame a go. Boy, am I not happy that I listened to his advise. Delicious food, friendly and fast service. Cannot recommend highly enough.

Visited August 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Sensational on all accounts!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013

I had the pleasure of living near to the Bombay Flame for 3 years and having tried many of London's other famous curries (Tayyabs, Lahore, etc), I can state unequivocally that you'll probably have a much better meal at the Bombay Flame than at any other London curry joint.

The food is excellent - succulent, fresh, deeply seasoned and well presented. The portions are spot on. The starters and extras are all given the same care as the curries themselves. I would particularly recommend the Dhamki Murg or the Chilli Masala.

The guys working in the restaurant are all so friendly and consistently striving to please. Ask them about their curries or for their recommendation and you'll find a team who takes real pride in what they do and the food they produce.

All in all, the value is far beyond what I would usually expect for a restaurant with such high quality food and a genuinely comfortable interior. Call ahead on Saturdays though (the Bombay Flame's popularity has increased several fold since I first became acquainted).

In summary; my absolute favourite curry house in London and also one of my favourite restaurants in general. The take away is tops too!

• Visited September 2013