“Good quality and friendly service”

Tas Restaurant Bloomsbury
Ranked #479 of 23,873 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Turkish
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Dear Guest, Tas is our traditional Anatolian cooking pot, used to prepare casseroles.The finised dish is then brought to your table. All our dishes are prepared daily, using only the freshest of ingredients, many of which are organic, and only the purest extra virgin olive oil make the grade. Should you have any special dietary requirements, please do not hesitate to inform our staff. Enjoy...
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Met here for my mother's birthday party. The waiters were extremely friendly and dealt with our large table with grace and warmth. The food was a considerable notch above standard Turkish restaurant fare, being fresh and tasty with an emphasis on vegetables which was very welcome. The puddings were particularly interesting and delicious - try the ice cream made with mastic (I'm guessing - possibly it was salep flour) which gives it a fascinating texture. It was all pretty good value too. It's definitely gone on my list of places to visit again when I'm next in London.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

We were so tired of really expensive restaurants that disappointed. It was September and we were strolling near the British Museum looking all over for a restaurant we both liked.and we stumbled onto Tas. It looked crowded inside and the waiter suggested outside but there was no privacy so he moved the table out along the street so we could have privacy. The lentil soup was so delicious (my husband prides himself on lentil soup and resolved to imitate.) We got the raita and it was delicious. Bill had grilled lamb. I wanted something a little nutritious so I got the touboulli and grilled white chicken kabob and veggies. I was in heaven. We were too full for dessert. Bill had a couple of beers and I had wine and the bill came to $58. For London that is a steal. Best meal in London. The waiter staff were very attentive.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

Very flavoursome food - felt really full after £19:95 fixed price menu with meze as starters, staff were friendly and coped with our large table well.

Reviewed October 11, 2013

The food was excellent - great coffee with cream and wonderful white linen on the tables that was changed after each guest.

Reviewed October 11, 2013

Just round the corner from the British Museum, Tas serve good food quickly. Their daily menu has fab choices at budget prices. They do lovely baklava too.