“Oxford Tour”

SANDEMANs NEW Europe - London
Ranked #5 of 1,327 Nightlife in London
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: We offer a free walking tour of London, which allows everyone, no matter of budget, to fully discover the most visited city in Europe. Our expert guides share with you their personal stories and insights during an intriguing, 2.5 - 3 hour English or Spanish language overview walking tour. The Free Tour starts daily at 10am, 11am, and 1pm in front of the Apple Store in Covent Garden.
Reviewed December 17, 2016

This tour was really great. The start point is really easy to find. The tour guide Steph was really great and knew so much information about the area and made the tour very entertaining. The tour involves quite a lot of walking on cobblestones so good walking shoes is a must. It starts with history on the city and then 20 mins for lunch and then a tour of the university. There is a great balance between these two even if you only want to see one of these two things. You don't travel back to London with the group leaving time to wander Oxford yourself before you leave with the return ticket (included in the tour ticket price). The tour ends at around 2-3pm in a really central spot leaving only short walks to go back and visit some attractions for extra time there or more tours. I would definitely recommend this for someone who wants to visit Oxford and get a really nice overview of the town's history and university.

Write a ReviewReviews (14,422)
All reviews
"great stories"
in 67 reviews
"buckingham palace"
in 232 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 83 reviews
in 124 reviews
"hour tour"
in 65 reviews

Reviewed December 16, 2016 via mobile

I've done Sandemans tours in several cities and Jake's tour was the best! It's a free tour with gratuity given at the end.

I have been to London numerous times but had not done a walking tour there in a long time. I learned so many interesting things (history, art history, stories about the royals, etc) that I excitedly shared with my husband as we walked around the city later that week. It really opened my eyes to different things. Jake was knowledgeable, engaging and funny and welcomed people's questions about various things as we walked from point to point.

Thanks for a great tour!

Reviewed December 16, 2016

We took the free walking tour of London in late November thru Sandeman with Angus - and it was certainly a highlight of our stay in London. Even though it started to rain on and off (No surprise, it is London, right?), we still had a great time wandering the streets of London. As many mentioned, Angus hustles - meaning he walks fast from place to place - but he covers a lot and does so with such dramatic flair. He certainly knows how to keep everyone entertained while telling us lots of fun facts about the various stops. It is a "pay what you think it's worth" tour. We certainly think he earned his worth when you compare it to what other tours are charging. And in city that aims to reduce the number of vehicles in it's center - the walking tour makes that much more sense! Definitely recommend all new visitors to London sign up and support this business for providing such a great service!

Reviewed December 14, 2016

I take the english tour with Angus, he did a great job... This free-tour enterprise is the best, you'll go trough typical areas and you can take alternatives tours (in London I'd take the tour of Jack the ripper that I also recommend).