“An unrivalled service”

Small-Group London East End and Shoreditch Street Art
Ranked #1 of 1,288 Nightlife in London
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: We offer a free walking tour of London, which allows everyone, no matter of budget, to fully discover the most visited city in Europe. Our expert guides share with you their personal stories and insights during an intriguing, 2.5 - 3 hour English or Spanish language overview walking tour. The Free Tour starts daily at 11 AM & 1 PM by Wellington Arch
Reviewed June 26, 2013

My partner and I booked the free walking tour of London having done them in both Berlin and Madrid and found them excellent. This was the best of the three that we have done and found Andy our guide to be very interesting, funny in a tasteful way and with a fantastic presence and clarity to his voice. Andy would gratefully encourage any questions from the group and answered everything without hesitation.

The tour takes in all of the major sites of London (those you would have on your checklist certainly!) and at each stop you get opportunities to take photographs and are informed of both the older and modern history of the locations with some great stories. It really is a perfect way to a city, as Andy said: on a bus tour you drive past things at 30mph being told this is an interesting thing, so is this and that. On foot you can see things at a pace allowing you to truly appreciate the area.

The best part of the tour is that it is Free. It works on a tips basis and as a result you don't get a generic tour guide reading from a script in a monotone. You get enthusiasm, knowledge and humanity from the guide and it really adds to the experience. We tipped £15 at the end as it was excellent and you have to consider really what you would pay for a similar experience with a paying company.

I could not recommend this more! Number 1 thing to do in London for us.

1  Thank Andy E

Reviewed June 25, 2013

This tour exceeded my expectations - we were taken to all of the important attractions and offered amazing insight into the history and culture of each location. But it wasn't just an ordinary retelling of history, our tour guide Andrew was witty, intelligent, clever and engaging - he truly made the experience worthwhile! I found myself laughing the whole way around London and learning so much at the same time! Definitely the highlight of my trip - and it was free :D

1  Thank thedrinker
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I went on the free walking tour of London at 1pm on Monday 17 June - my first day in London. Unfortunately I can't remember my tour guides name but she was fantastic. Very knowledgable about London and full of interesting facts and stories, this was a great way to orient myself in London as well as tick off seeing some of the famous sights of London.

1  Thank VeronicaF990
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Owen was great! I was skeptical about a "free" tour but Owen had a lot of history and fun stories to go along with seeing most of the main sites! And at the end, he invited us to a pub where they gave a food discount and the food was so good, I went back a different day! Great tour, I highly recommend!

1  Thank nlaud
Reviewed June 22, 2013

The tour was very complete and fun. The tour guide was still young so he was really funny and he knew a lot about the different places